No announcement yet.

Navy Yard Shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This took place in a govt owned facility there for is a gun free zone just like all other military bases ( *cough fort hood *cough ) court houses, police stations, city halls, hosipitias, schools etc.... and othere places of private property where posted.

Yup seems to have picked up weapons from security lockers or police he got the upper hand on. You stil can't seem to give me a resonable argument as to why these nut balls nearly always pick a place to comit these acts where law abiding citizens are disarmed by law other than to tell me its a poor argument.
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 09-18-2013, 08:31 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Military Posts are gun free but they do not require you to walk through a metal detector. Some, facilities do though.
      https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        This took place in a govt owned facility there for is a gun free zone just like all other military bases ( *cough fort hood *cough ) court houses, police stations, city halls, hosipitias, schools etc.... and othere places of private property where posted.
        Do you think this guy picked this place for his killing spree because it was:

1) where he was employed at
        2) gated and secured building with armed security guards, but employees are not allowed to carry personal weapons
        3) because crazy

Yup seems to have picked up weapons from security lockers or police he got the upper hand on. You stil can't seem to give me a resonable argument as to why these nut balls nearly always pick a place to comit these acts where law abiding citizens are disarmed by law other than to tell me its a poor argument.
        I think you need to add validity to your comments, through some analysis of statistics to make the claim you're reaching for here. What percentage of mass murder are perpetuated in gun free zones compared to those that are not?

Comment

Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
            Do you think this guy picked this place for his killing spree because it was:

1) where he was employed at
            2) gated and secured building with armed security guards, but employees are not allowed to carry personal weapons
            3) because crazy

I think you need to add validity to your comments, through some analysis of statistics to make the claim you're reaching for here. What percentage of mass murder are perpetuated in gun free zones compared to those that are not?
            I have played that game not all that long ago, with darrin when he posted shock article about all the "mass shootings" in the last few months, though it leaves out all most all the examples where off duty police or armed civilians bring the violence to a stop.

If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
            The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
            William Pitt-

Comment

I have played that game not all that long ago, with darrin when he posted shock article about all the "mass shootings" in the last few months, though it leaves out all most all the examples where off duty police or armed civilians bring the violence to a stop.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...&postcount=204
              So...no, you don't have any evidence to back up your claims that these incidents are intentionally chosen because they are "gun free zones".

Comment

Ahhh so its your argument that its just a Coincidence that it happens where CCW is bard more often then where people are allowed to carry lawfully concealed firearms then???

I see, if you do a little of your own leg work you will see everything I have posted in response to each of those incidences is 100% factual.

William Pitt-

Comment

So...no, you don't have any evidence to back up your claims that these incidents are intentionally chosen because they are "gun free zones".

It seems obvious to me. Didn't the theatre shooter pass several other theatres en route to the "gun-free" one where he committed his heinous crime?
                  sigpic
                  Originally posted by JinormusJ
                  Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                  1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                  1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                  1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                  1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Ahhh so its your argument that its just a Coincidence that it happens where CCW is bard more often then where people are allowed to carry lawfully concealed firearms then???
                    English motherfucker, do you speak it? Try again.

I see, if you do a little of your own leg work you will see everything I have posted in response to each of those incidences is 100% factual.
                    Sleeve, nobody gives a fuck about your off-the-cuff "analysis" of some shitty link that corvallis posted.

Do you have factual data to back up your assertion that nutjobs specifically pick gun-free zones to commit mass murder? I suspect you don't have any evidence to back your assertions.

Originally posted by frankenbeemer View Post
                    It seems obvious to me. Didn't the theatre shooter pass several other theatres en route to the "gun-free" one where he committed his heinous crime?
                    Most theaters are owned by corporations as a matter of corporate policy, firearms are frequently not allowed on their properties. If you do carry a concealed weapon on their property, they cannot charge you with anything but they can give you notice of trespass and ask you not to return--many people still conceal carry despite this.

I don't think anyone besides you have asserted that James Holmes intentionally skipped other theaters to find a "gun-free" one.

Keep in mind you're trying to assume that James acted logically, but he has entered a plea of not guilty by insanity.

Comment

English motherfucker, do you speak it? Try again.

Sleeve, nobody gives a fuck about your off-the-cuff "analysis" of some shitty link that corvallis posted.

Do you have factual data to back up your assertion that nutjobs specifically pick gun-free zones to commit mass murder? I suspect you don't have any evidence to back your assertions.

Most theaters are owned by corporations as a matter of corporate policy, firearms are frequently not allowed on their properties. If you do carry a concealed weapon on their property, they cannot charge you with anything but they can give you notice of trespass and ask you not to return--many people still conceal carry despite this.

I don't think anyone besides you have asserted that James Holmes intentionally skipped other theaters to find a "gun-free" one.

Keep in mind you're trying to assume that James acted logically, but he has entered a plea of not guilty by insanity.

There has been much speculation (not nec. in this thread) about the choice of theatres. I do not know the shooter's reasons, but these kind of massacres predominately occur in "gun free zones".

I think you are in error to imply that an insanity defense means that the perpetrator must have acted illogically. It has been reported that he planned the assault two months prior and purchased his tickets twelve days before.

I was also under the impression that most concealed carry laws have a criminal penalty associated with violating a properly posted prohibition against concealed carry. Are you certain Colorado has no criminal statute that would apply in that situation?
                      sigpic
                      Originally posted by JinormusJ
                      Don't buy an e30

They're stupid
                      1989 325is Raged on then sold.
                      1988 325 SETA 2DR Beaten to death, then parted.
                      1988 325 SETA 4DR Parted.
                      1990 325i Cabrio Daily'd, then stored 2 yrs ago.

Comment

Meanwhile back in the real world another 13 people are shot in a single attack including a 3 year old. I'm sure the guns had nothing to do with it... right?
                        Chicago Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said a mass shooting at a South Side park shows why assault weapons should be banned, saying it was a "miracle" no one was killed when someone opened fire with a high-powered rifle at a pick-up basketball game.

"A military-grade weapon on the streets of Chicago is simply unacceptable," McCarthy told a news conference this morning, 12 hours after a 3-year-old boy and 12 other people were shot during at Cornell Square Park. All are expected to survive.

"It's a miracle there has been no fatality," he said. "Illegal guns, illegal guns, illegal guns drive violence."

At least one gunman, maybe as many as three, walked up to the park's basketball court in the 1800 block of West 51st Street around 10:15 p.m. Thursday and opened fire, police said. Thirteen people who were on the court or were watching the game were hit, many of them in the arms or legs.

The 3-year-old, Deonta Howard, was standing on the court and was shot near the ear, the bullet exiting through his cheek, according to police and relatives. His family said the boy is expected to recover but will need plastic surgery.

"They need to stop, they need to stop," said the boy's grandmother, Semehca Nunn said, the last word coming out as almost a shriek as she closed her eyes and collapsed crying outside the hospital.

Three of those wounded, including Deonta, were in serious to critical condition this morning. The others ranged from fair to good condition, including a 15-year-old boy and a 17-year-old girl.

Comment

There has been much speculation (not nec. in this thread) about the choice of theatres. I do not know the shooter's reasons, but these kind of massacres predominately occur in "gun free zones".
                          Well, all we have is speculation with regards to Holmes's motives and plans. I don't think anyone can definitively state one way or the other.

I think you are in error to imply that an insanity defense means that the perpetrator must have acted illogically. It has been reported that he planned the assault two months prior and purchased his tickets twelve days before.
                          True, until the trial happens we shouldn't assume anything about his motives, intent or knowledge.

I was also under the impression that most concealed carry laws have a criminal penalty associated with violating a properly posted prohibition against concealed carry. Are you certain Colorado has no criminal statute that would apply in that situation?
                          That's only my general understanding about how trespass charges work--they have to ask you to leave for <reason> and if you return you can be charged with trespass. I don't know if certain states allow someone to be arrested for carrying a weapon onto private property where the owners have stated that you should not carry on their property.

Comment

William Pitt-

Comment

Obviously a liberal troll but what the hell...
                              Originally posted by tjts1 View Post
                              Meanwhile back in the real world another 13 people are shot in a single attack including a 3 year old. I'm sure the guns had nothing to do with it... right?
                              Damn guns going on shooting sprees again,they are dangerous.
                              Someone should shut down skynet so these killing machines stop shooting people by themselves.:loco:
                              Last edited by blazing; 09-22-2013, 10:59 AM.

Comment

NRA chief criticizes Navy Yard for being 'unprotected' before mass shooting

(Reuters) - A National Rifle Association leader criticized the Washington Navy Yard on Sunday for being "unprotected" last week when a mass shooting left 13 dead, including the shooter.
                                Way to avoid responsibility and sound like a complete douche in the process, NRA.

Comment

Working...
                                X