Ventured over to the dark side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ventured over to the dark side

So as some of you know, My e30's are no more, I sold them both about a week ago which left me taking the bus to school, wellllll the smell of urine and ugly people was getting old fast so I picked this little gem up. 1974 Mercedes 280.

This car is extremely clean! It is a single owner car with 78k miles on the clock, the PO really took care of it because the interior is just as good as when it left the dealer, while not my favorite color combo I am absolutely in love with it.
    Short list of things to do includes:
    Adjust the points ignition(car is absurdly slow because the PO put the distributor together wrong)
    fix the small rust buble on the wheel well.
    look over the suspension and replace all bushings and ball joints.
    Overall I'm looking to go airride with it in the short future. I just need to research some more because information is so scarce for these old things:o
    I'm already on the hunt for a m117 motor out of a r107. Let me know what you guys think!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
    VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Wow, that's very cool and very clean! Nice score!
    Originally posted by LJ851
    kingston is the play by play announcer for this thread.
    ‘Tis by the grace of God that my cars run!

Originally posted by unloadedak
    #teamross
    Siobhan's Build Thread - UPDATED!

Comment

Originally posted by kingston View Post
      Wow, that's very cool and very clean! Nice score!
      Thanks! It has a rust bubble spot which I will be taking care of this afternoon. Also I found an aftermarket radio that includes all of the modern day amenities but looks just like the stock radio.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by Wh33lhop
      VANOS: sometimes you just need to go full retard.

Comment

Originally posted by trackjunkie21 View Post
        Thanks! It has a rust bubble spot which I will be taking care of this afternoon. Also I found an aftermarket radio that includes all of the modern day amenities but looks just like the stock radio.
        THAT's awesome.
        Nice find on the car!
        1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
        1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
        1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
        My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Working...
        X