Anyone here repair fridges and stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here repair fridges and stuff?

I have an ice maker I want to fix. I plugged it in, turned the switch on but nothing happens. I can only hear thag "power sound". So I started measuring various connections and I can't get a good readout. The ground wire seems fine, although the bottom plate has some rust and residue. Nothing happens when I disconnect or connect the ground somewhere else.
    What can I try to rule out a bad ground?
    The controller board looks fine, capacitors are ok. No burned or damaged parts.

No power light btw. and there are two transformers 220V->24V for most things and 220V->100V for the gear motor, the compressor is 220V iirc.

check the pressure switch- the compressor will not come on if there isn't refrigerant in the lines.

You can short it out sometimes and make them come on, but don't let them run long empty or they will burn out.

The compressor can seize sometimes but that isnt common. if you cant get it to work you can just short the compressor on to make sure it works~ we use one from a old fridge to power bleed brakes since it is a super strong vacuum pump ;-)

Comment

I don't think that's an issue (yet) since its not getting the power needed for the CB to turn the compressor on (after 5mins according to the service manual).

Comment

Working...
      X