No announcement yet.

E46 to E30... downgrade or upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can mod the shit out of an E46 and it wont excite me a bit but a stock E30 will make me stop and look.
    Last edited by archie; 02-26-2011, 08:24 PM.
    88 M3 Diamantschwarz
    89 M3 Zinnoberrot
    56 Isetta

LIKE ARCHIE'S on Facebook!
    www.facebook.com/archiesicecream

Comment

Downgrade. Are you kidding? Whether you like one or another is one thing - but saying going to an e30 is an upgrade is kinda like that guy who thought swapping a manual rack into his e30 was an "upgrade". I am more excited about my 2002 than my e46 or e30 - but in no way are they even comparable.
      "We praise or find fault, depending on which of the two provides more opportunity for our powers of judgement to shine."

Comment

Was an upgrade until you changed the wheels.. Def. a downgrade now

Comment

Downgrade..but I cant say much as I went from an Estoril E36 M3 to an E30 325iS :D Dumb I know.

Ohioriders.com
          OhioBimmers.com

Comment

I went from E46 to E30. I have mixed thoughts. I plan on buying a E46 again but keeping the E30.

- E30, DSM, Golf R, Mazda 3 Skyactiv

Comment

They are two different styles of car, when I have the chance I want to have an e46 and my e30.. e30 for fun and e46 for comfort. Like I said, both have their high's and low's, can't really compare them though. I love 'em both;)

Comment

Originally posted by bp9129 View Post
                Theres many ways to look at this

anyways. How do you like the Tokico suspension?
                very soft. I dont know what kind of springs they are but I dont enjoy the soft ride. I prefer very stiff. The low is nice though
                Originally posted by Jean View Post
                I can only imagine how slow that e46 must be with that engine AND huge wheels lol.
                Much slower than the e30 with auto. But I do miss manual

Thanks for everyone's comments! I really miss my e46. The suspension feel of the e30 is nothing compared to the e46. The e46 was sooo much more solid in every sense of the word. But M52B28 is on the way, as well as e36 rack and new suspension and wheels... We'll see how the e30 compares after those upgrades :pimp:
                ^M52B28^

Comment

OP- I like your old E46 and the looks. Im not really feeling the wheels on the E30 though, but looks like a clean start.

Comment

e30>e46
                    '88 325i cabbie royal blau
                    '91 325i cabbie calypso rot
                    '92 318i cabbie laguna green
                    ~I like all my b!tches topless ;-)~

Comment

Downgrade, at least until you swap the auto and fix the piston rings. That said if I had to choose between the two I would take the E30 and fix the problems.

That E46 was tastefully modded, but also a 323 and early so a lot of later standard things were options. I look at the E46 more from a comfort experience so it depends what it had - auto dimming mirrors, heated seats, etc. The E30 offers way more of a driving experience. I had a late E46 Sport Wagon, manual, cold Wx package. It was the fucking bomb!
                      JOY IS AN E30...

Comment

e46>e30

Comment

I want an e46. :(
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Downgrade

Comment

The e46 was the sh!t. Being 18 and in high school, I had the coolest car by far. Everywhere I went people would complement me on my car. Having a nice car is cool, but I didnt like the attention. Im more of a mellow dude. But since the e46 is gone, Im starting to miss the things I got used to. Like the tight steering feel, the stiff yet comfortable suspension, the quietness, and the over-all reliability.
                              However, my friend (Delaware30) has a m52b28 swap in his e30 and I love that car. Everything about it is just awesome. So, if I can get my car to be like that, I will be one happy camper
                              ^M52B28^

Comment

I like both the e30 and the e46. The e46 interior is sexy. I guess its based on your plans on witch direction you want to go. For performance mods, the e30 all day.
                                sigpic

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=420591 5.3 LSA build in progress :devil:

Comment

Working...
                                X