No announcement yet.

FS: 1988 324td Touring - SOLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice inventory. Where is the 1989 320i Touring Lazerblau $5,500 located at? Also, to verify, it comes with the driver recaro seat? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by EuroChriz View Post
      Nice inventory. Where is the 1989 320i Touring Lazerblau $5,500 located at? Also, to verify, it comes with the driver recaro seat? thanks
      Lanham, MD, and no Recaro at this time, but rather a regular sport seat. It can always be negotiated of course.

Comment

For the folks that text please have a question ready when you send a text and not simply an "I'm interested" so I need to ask if you have a question bump.

Comment

Help me reach my goal of Porsche 987 ownership by the end of the year bump!

Comment

Time to post these on Craigslist, groan.

I'd strongly consider a discount for a serious enthusiast.

Comment

One more trade I'll consider, M30 swapped E30s.

Comment

First post updated to spoon feed you so & sos pictures and info in a more streamlined way.

Comment

Just wanted to chime in and say that the blue touring has brand new fuel lines in the engine bay! So that's one bit of maintenance taken care of. It also drives kind of ok on a normal m20b25 afm, but not great. Definitely will get you home though. It rides really nicely, I enjoyed driving it. Very light handling compared to my ix. Feels tossable.

That 2002 is surprisingly quick! Much faster than my now sold e21. Very very fun to drive.
                  AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                    Just wanted to chime in and say that the blue touring has brand new fuel lines in the engine bay! So that's one bit of maintenance taken care of. It also drives kind of ok on a normal m20b25 afm, but not great. Definitely will get you home though. It rides really nicely, I enjoyed driving it. Very light handling compared to my ix. Feels tossable.

That 2002 is surprisingly quick! Much faster than my now sold e21. Very very fun to drive.
                    Thanks for the posting P. Just doesn't look like r3v will be the right venue for these cars for some reason.

Comment

Its the modest power engines in all three keeping me on the sidelines. Had it been a 325 touring we'd be on the phone :)

But I think your collection is great and am a bit surprised not a single one has sold here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by dinkman94 View Post
                        Its the modest power engines in all three keeping me on the sidelines. Had it been a 325 touring we'd be on the phone :)

But I think your collection is great and am a bit surprised not a single one has sold here yet.
                        Appreciate the input! I too am surprised, but not completely. After all, this is r3v and these cars are near stock or stock, but not perfect show queens, and therefore not really r3v favorites.

The 324 produces nearly identical torque vs. an M20B25, and at lower RPM. In my opinion, and more than likely others who have driven it the car is as fast or faster than a 325i to 60. It's also turbocharged, but not intercooled, and is most likely a short way from 150hp and 200tq. That's all before MPG even comes in to the picture.

The 320 is only an engine away from 170hp, and it's not exactly a tricky swap as far as I am aware. Frankly, of all stock E30 engines I have driven this one is the least appealing to me for some reason.

Yes, the 318 is slow, but I normally drive a '91 318i (which is stock with a 4.44 differential), so my opinion of adequate may be skewed. Then again, I am looking for cars with 300hp or so (or easily modified to reach it). Then again, it's quite efficient too.

Comment

I unknowingly bought a eta once... that was car was parked in my driveway for a month after I got it home, up for sale the day the title showed up in the mail and sold the same day. never again

not knowing anything about the 324td, I naturally keep thinking back to that experience

Comment

Originally posted by dinkman94 View Post
                            I unknowingly bought a eta once... that was car was parked in my driveway for a month after I got it home, up for sale the day the title showed up in the mail and sold the same day. never again

not knowing anything about the 324td, I naturally keep thinking back to that experience
                            I too bought an ETA once, but it was $400 and nothing but a hassle full of rust and frustration.

Post in the Mid Atlantic sections College Park meet thread, most of the regulars there have driven it and could provide unbiased feedback.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                              Appreciate the input! I too am surprised, but not completely. After all, this is r3v and these cars are near stock or stock, but not perfect show queens, and therefore not really r3v favorites.

The 324 produces nearly identical torque vs. an M20B25, and at lower RPM. In my opinion, and more than likely others who have driven it the car is as fast or faster than a 325i to 60. It's also turbocharged, but not intercooled, and is most likely a short way from 150hp and 200tq. That's all before MPG even comes in to the picture.

The 320 is only an engine away from 170hp, and it's not exactly a tricky swap as far as I am aware. Frankly, of all stock E30 engines I have driven this one is the least appealing to me for some reason.

Yes, the 318 is slow, but I normally drive a '91 318i (which is stock with a 4.44 differential), so my opinion of adequate may be skewed. Then again, I am looking for cars with 300hp or so (or easily modified to reach it). Then again, it's quite efficient too.
                              There's a 4.44 axle for E30s? Small case or medium case?
                              1991 BMW 318i Alpinweiß II Slicktop 231,000 Miles Build date: Wednesday, 1/30/1991
                              2003 BMW Z4 2.5i Sterlinggrau Metallic 112,000 Miles Build Date: Monday 12/9/2002

Comment

Originally posted by Gloff View Post
                                There's a 4.44 axle for E30s? Small case or medium case?
                                4.44 or some say 4.45 came in E36 318 and more commonly in 318ti automatics. They are an easy swap in to an E30 and are small case in this example.

Comment

Working...
                                X