full ews2 in m52 e30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

full ews2 in m52 e30

Okay so I'm in the middle of my hella budget e30 m52 build and so I don't want to spend the $$ to get my dme flashed to delete the Ews because I have access to the full module for engine, so I was just wondering how I am to go about mating the module with my dme so that the engine runs/ what parts to salvage off of the donor car so I don't forget everything

I believe you're going to have more problems than just EWS if you run the DME without any flash. VSS input for example can cause limp mode.

that said, what is your budget exactly? If you're going to synch the modules you at least need a laptop and a K-line cable plus the software (BMW Tools most likely), and if you have to have the cable anyway, you can get a program relatively cheap that will do the EWS flash for you. https://chipster.no/index.php?_route_=Software
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

It'll be easier to just code it out. You'll need the key switch, key, the ews module (white box) and I believe a harness for the module. I have them and was gonna go the route you're thinking but I didn't see much benefit so I had mine coded out.

Sent from an Abacus

Comment

The modules don't need to be synced because they are from the same car and I've read some threads that say it can be done for cheap

Comment

Getting the EWS working on e30 is basically very easy task.

You will need the DME itself, EWS module (yellow connector box behind glove box), the receiver coil on lock cylinder and ews chip from key. And also smaller box for receiver coil if there is one.

Here is few pictures i found about wiring:

The pin 2 in EWS module is for diagnostic connector.

Comment

Came across this post nw did you manage to get the ews to work with your e30? Im busy with a swap from a e36 m44 into an e30 and they guys that do the flashing of the Dme are unreliable where im from. So i thought seeing that i have the donor car at my place il use the ews in my e30 can it be done? Or am i going to have to kiss ass for these guys to get the dme flashed

Comment

I did this on mine 15 years ago. The zke body electronics module "unlocked" signal is needed to the ews2 box along with coded key signal from the antenna ring. I got all mine from the donor car. Still works fine. I get a $75 immobilizer discount on my insurance but it was more work. It can be coded out with romraider, under "control bits".

At the race track.

Comment

Working...
              X