Fuck you Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nick_S View Post
    My previous employer I was with for nearly 5 years (laid off almost exactly a year ago) paid for our health care coverage. When I started in early 2009 our coverage was incredible, dental, vision the works and didn't cost them all that much. As time progressed it got to be more and more expensive and slowly we started to lose coverage. First vision, then dental became a buy in, then cut completely. Then in the last year or two when the whole Obamacare thing really kicked in, our premiums all skyrocketed. What they could afford to cover left us with extremely minimal plans with high deductibles and limited coverage.

When I was laid off I obviously lost my coverage and since have moved out to California with my GF. I had a job lined up here and I don't make really good money, but it's not like I'm in poverty ($40K/yr). Problem is out here the cost of living completely offsets my salary and I've been supporting two people till recently. I simply can't afford insurance right now. I barely break even every month and can't afford the added expense from insurance. Fully aware if something happens I also can't afford medical bills so I'm at a shitty crossroads of what I can do. My income has me above the level where I can't get real heavy discounts but I don't make enough to afford the premiums. Life is hard:-(
    And that is one of the reasons I moved out of California and advised you against it, the place is just too damn expensive. All my expenses now don't even total up to what I paid for a 1 bedroom upstairs apartment in Pomona.

Comment

Working...
    X