No announcement yet.

Charlie Hebdo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^And then I'm headed to Alberta, Alaska or Wyoming.

Comment

Some of my mates in england say there are some muslim communities the police have all but abandoned and the locals have set shariah law tribunals to 'casually' take their place. That goes right in line with the Teddy quote and I have no doubt that it must be like that in France already. I have family there and have been continuously hassled, by muslisms, since I was a younger kid even 15 years ago.

I'd only hope that if shit like that would happen in my city, we'd beat the shit out of them. That goes for any group. I live in a 99% Vietnamese/Philippino fobby neighborhood but American rule of law is #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
        Wyoming.
        Ahhhh Wyoming.

Where a billboard warning against drunken driving is across the street from the liqour store with a drive through window.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
          No all the pompous Californiwaffleswaffleswaffleswaffless invaded Montana and are wrecking it right now. Give it another decade and they might try to wreck ID.
          oh no they are doing a very fine job of fucking up the panhandle of ID as well
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Ahhhh Wyoming.

Where a billboard warning against drunken driving is across the street from the liqour store with a drive through window.

Can't say they don't focus on education. Pretty smart place to put a billboard if you ask me, I mean, it's not like they are wasting money putting them in front of churches or old folks homes.

Comment

Yes, we have lots of guns in the US. Did that stop 9/11?
              There are a lot of guns in Yemen, did that stop the bombing of the USS Cole?
              There are lots of guns in Lebanon, did that stop the bombing of the Marine barracks?
              There are lots of guns in Nigeria, did that stop hundreds of girls being abducted and forced in to sexual slavery?
              It wouldn't have stopped this either.

All the fantasies in the world wouldn't have stopped it. You standing in the street with your 9mm wouldn't slow them down any more than the 2 armed police officers who were shot and killed.
              You got the wrong message from what I wrote.
              Would me and a 9mm have stopped these guys? HELL NO. If I had opened fire on these guys would I have most likely been shot my self? Most likely. I have no military training and I have never killed anyone. I suffer under no delusions.
              Do guns stop all bad situations? No. But they can, and I would rather have the power to intervene in these kinds of situations then just have to stand there while watching people get shot at point blank.
              I would rather stand up for those who need me and protect injured and dying people, and maybe be killed my self, then see these savages take advantage of their momentary power. At least I would die knowing I tried to help people out, instead of standing in a window watching a cop get iced through my fucking smart phone.
              Also why do you think I only have a 9mm? Thats a big assumption. I wont advertise exactly what fire arms I own, but I can tell you I am armed well enough to have killed at least one of these guys. Maybe that would have made the other one or two think twice and run, which would have saved some lives.
              Many of these small time terrorists count on the fact that they are attacking unarmed civilians who will not be able to fight back at all, as well as a police force which has next to no experience in situations where criminals are armed with automatic battle rifles.

Also I saw some one say they think that France and many European countries are some how morally or culturally more advanced then Americans. I am German, lived in Germany, and went to school in Germany. Let me tell you Germany has just as many read necks, Nazis, liberals, nationalists, gay bashers, queers, prostitutes, drug addicts, illegal immigrants, and other "unwanted" populations as any other country. They have all the same social, religious, and cultural problems we have here. Just because they eat smelly cheese and speak funny does not mean they are not human, and all humans have the same short comings.
              They have simply chosen to take a different stance on gun control and the control of violent crime. While their choices have lead to some very positive out comes, there are also negative aspects which have arisen because of their decisions and laws. Many European countries also have a much much better health care and school system then we do here in the US which means they have a better educated and generally happier and healthier culture. That in its self drives violent crime down a lot.
              There are plenty of European countries with high gun ownership that have very very little gun crime. I think its Iceland that has 33.3 guns for every 100 people. They had their very first ever officer involved shooting about two years ago. They dont have low gun crime because they have no guns. They have low gun crime because they dont have impoverished uneducated populations which fall back on gang banging or religious violence to try and violently take what they want from others.
              sigpic
              "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by slaterd View Post
                Roosevelt said it best, this should apply to ALL countries, not just the U.S.:

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American ... There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag ... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language ... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Those who immigrate to another country and force it to assimilate to them is committing an act of moral treason and should not be allowed to continue residence. Assimilate, or at least make an effort to. Don't force the country who welcomed you with open arms to do so. We've done enough by allowing you in...now do your part.
                You should come visit Australia...

Hefty bill for Muslim women's privacy at public swimming pooll

While $41,000 for some cirtains may not seem like much this will put it into perspective for you

$2.7b income driver but motor sport is stuck in the pits

Australia’s motor racing regulator says the sport deserves more funding from government and support from the corporate sector after a report showed motor sport contributes $2.7 billion to the Australian economy annually.

The Confederation of Australian Motor Sport (CAMS) will on Monday release an Ernst & Young report showing motor sport generated $2.7 billion in direct industry output, including $1.2 billion in direct value added to the economy, in 2013.

The report, commissioned by CAMS, also said more than 150,000 people regularly participate in motor racing, mostly concentrated in circuit racing, including go-karting, and speedway competitions. It also found motor racing accounted for 16,181 direct jobs. On average, motor sport competitors spend between $12,000 and $15,000 a year on motor sport activities and $60,000 on motor sport vehicle purchases and initial modifications.

Thirty-one per cent of participants had annual pretax income of between $100,000 and $200,000.

The report also said motor sport was the fourth most watched in Australia, behind only Australian Rules Football, horse racing and rugby league.

Despite the size of the sport and the international success of formula one star Daniel Ricciardo, motor racing receives only about $340,000 in annual high performance and development funding from the Australian Sports Commission, well below other elite sports,such as swimming and sailing.
                Last edited by Massimo; 01-08-2015, 09:14 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

this is history repeating itself muslims invaded europe during 800-1000AD and spread ether culturally or my force into spain and southern italy.

i know its a stretch but something is gonna make europe snap eventually (the euro dropping, more violent events like this one, or good ol' racist based fear)

everyone wants to be the nice guy but if these europeens want to keep their countries theirs they need to do what they have to do and get nationalistic and pass tougher laws, or take a look at our southern border and start shipping people out by the bus loads even if they are pleaing for asylum,im not gonna help someone if i dont have the capacity to do so (they are putting strain on social services), hell force em to go vladistan!

darwinism must live on otherwise the world will starve to death and everyone loses.

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                    this is history repeating itself ...
                    Is Europe even capable of snapping? Is any country anymore? Is any nation sufficiently cohesive to defend their culture against a frequently outspoken well organized faith based culture? I don't think so. Frankly, a common religion was a major part of what held European countries together, now that Christianity has been a best neglected and in many cases abandoned that glue that held the people together has dissolved.

While my younger self would have agreed wholeheartedly that we should vigorously protect our existing national identities I cannot agree today. I believe that any real attempt to do so would probably just cause stagnation without allowing for natural and healthy cultural evolution. Not to mention the further erosion of liberties and simple fairness that would be bound to go hand in hand with such practices.

Since you mention Darwinisim, perhaps we are simply in line for an Islamic makeover. Not that I would have a problem with that as I firmly believe we are all worshiping the same God despite out doctrinal differences.

In any case, I urge you to remember every large cultural group that came to the US. In almost every case there was discrimination, hatred and violence, but eventual acceptance and most probably netted a positive overall impact on society. TR would have agreed with this too.

Anyhow, I would urge the French and Europe as a whole, as well as the US to not overreact to radical acts and pursue a moderate response instead of a US style 9-11 reaction. Not only will this limit the impact of a terrorist act on the public mind (if the gov't does not freak out and go all knee-jerky neither will the people), but it will undoubtedly strengthen the moderate forces within the community which perpetrated the action and encourage them to speak out.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      Is Europe even capable of snapping? Is any country anymore? Is any nation sufficiently cohesive to defend their culture against a frequently outspoken well organized faith based culture? I don't think so. Frankly, a common religion was a major part of what held European countries together, now that Christianity has been a best neglected and in many cases abandoned that glue that held the people together has dissolved.

While my younger self would have agreed wholeheartedly that we should vigorously protect our existing national identities I cannot agree today. I believe that any real attempt to do so would probably just cause stagnation without allowing for natural and healthy cultural evolution. Not to mention the further erosion of liberties and simple fairness that would be bound to go hand in hand with such practices.

Since you mention Darwinisim, perhaps we are simply in line for an Islamic makeover. Not that I would have a problem with that as I firmly believe we are all worshiping the same God despite out doctrinal differences.

In any case, I urge you to remember every large cultural group that came to the US. In almost every case there was discrimination, hatred and violence, but eventual acceptance and most probably netted a positive overall impact on society. TR would have agreed with this too.

Anyhow, I would urge the French and Europe as a whole, as well as the US to not overreact to radical acts and pursue a moderate response instead of a US style 9-11 reaction. Not only will this limit the impact of a terrorist act on the public mind (if the gov't does not freak out and go all knee-jerky neither will the people), but it will undoubtedly strengthen the moderate forces within the community which perpetrated the action and encourage them to speak out.
                      that is indeed the other side of the coin, if they want to blend their cultures and work it out that way it could work too, but im sure you guys have seen the protests in germany, not many average stiffs want assimilation or cultural co-existance to happen. So i see a big Racial divide starting to happen along side other near-future issues where europe could indeed break out into a nationalistic white wash. #crazyworldchaostheory

besides the first group that killed off 90% of the indigenous peoples, and forceful assimilation for the rest.http://usdakotawar.org/history/newco...ry/acts-policy (sorry Native American :P)

but yes i see your point, but up until the early 20th century most of the immigrants to the US were usually European so their was still some common ground, look at 15yrs ago though we were sending armed men to rip "illegal Immigrants" from their new american homes to ship them back "home" to mexico.

Comment

Watch this:

and this:

Then read this:
                        I submit to you that the number is probably quite near that for the global Muslim community (the ummah).  According to a pew poll, 75% of Muslims worldwide want sharia for the family issues including divorce and property disputes. 75% also want amputation and death for apostates in places like South Asia. 94% of Muslims...

Situation is the same in UK, France all of Scandinavia and etc.
                        Then have a look at this:
                        WASHINGTON—Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet…
                        Last edited by raudonis; 01-09-2015, 04:23 AM.
                        My transaction feedback on r3vlimited :):Clickety click

Comment

And I suppose you consider your self a citizen of the world too right................

Your right too much nationalism can be a bad thing and stagnate a culture, but with that said being devoid of it to a point where the culture does not see its own uniqueness can lead to its own host if other just as troubling issues.
                          Originally posted by Fusion
                          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                          William Pitt-

Comment

I firmly believe we are all worshiping the same God despite out doctrinal differences.
                            you are firmly wrong, then- some of us do not worship any god, and do not wish to be subject to any of the rules dreamed up in people's attempts to satisfy yahweh, allah, or any other imaginary entity. for example, rules like "you aren't allowed to draw me".
                            past:
                            1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                            1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                            1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                            1985 323i baur
                            current:
                            1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

but yes i see your point, but up until the early 20th century most of the immigrants to the US were usually European so their was still some common ground, look at 15yrs ago though we were sending armed men to rip "illegal Immigrants" from their new american homes to ship them back "home" to mexico.
                              While this is true, there were many groups (germans, irish, italians, anyone catholic really) of people that came here in the 1800 and 1900's that were from Europe and not accepted with open arms, but eventually assimilated into the population.

Comment

that is indeed the other side of the coin, if they want to blend their cultures and work it out that way it could work too, but im sure you guys have seen the protests in germany, not many average stiffs want assimilation or cultural co-existance to happen. So i see a big Racial divide starting to happen along side other near-future issues where europe could indeed break out into a nationalistic white wash. #crazyworldchaostheory

besides the first group that killed off 90% of the indigenous peoples, and forceful assimilation for the rest.http://usdakotawar.org/history/newco...ry/acts-policy (sorry Native American :P)
                                Protests are not the same as an actual national feeling, representative, maybe, but not much more. Look at something like pogroms, those effectively represented national or regional feeling.

I acknowledge your point about the Native Americans, but I think it would be fair to say that was an invasion/occupation/colonization (which you could say about Islam in EU) and not assimilation or immigration.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                                And I suppose you consider your self a citizen of the world too right................

Your right too much nationalism can be a bad thing and stagnate a culture, but with that said being devoid of it to a point where the culture does not see its own uniqueness can lead to its own host if other just as troubling issues.
                                Nope, I don't consider myself a citizen of the world, nor am I very well traveled. At the end of the day I am just a plain old American.

Agree that nationalism is a crucial part of a strong society, as a whole America is failing at that. Are countries in Europe fairing better, not sure without being there.

Originally posted by decay View Post
                                you are firmly wrong, then- some of us do not worship any god, and do not wish to be subject to any of the rules dreamed up in people's attempts to satisfy yahweh, allah, or any other imaginary entity. for example, rules like "you aren't allowed to draw me".
                                That's why I said worshiping, if you don't worship any sort of god then you are not a part of that statement, as I was saying that Christians, Muslims, Jews, and maybe a host of others effectively worship the same deity. Frankly, I have no problem if you wish to worship, believe, doubt, or not believe, all the same to me.

I do have a question, do agnostics and atheists have an active community in the same sort of way that Christianity used to or Islam does now? Seems very relevant to this discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X