Newly swapped, odd issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newly swapped, odd issue

Hi guys, so I got my M50 in my car and ran into an issue that's leaving me scratching my head.

With the MAF is connected, the engine starts, then dies instantly. When the MAF is not connected, the engine starts just fine, but an obvious check engine light is illuminated. Idle is spot on and other than being really rich (O2 isn't installed) it runs perfectly.

So MAF connected:
    No Fault codes other than one flash indicating fault code # "1" -wtf

Video of this ^^^ is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ap-m...ature=youtu.be

MAF disconnected:
    Fault code # 1211 -bad DME

The hell is going on?

Here's a vid of it running with the maf disconnected for shits and giggles

It was suggested on E30tech a massive vacuum leak, but all my hoses, gaskets, etc are good. The hose running to the ICV is clamped, silicone'd, and ziptied. I'm kind lost. Ideas?

Bump

Comment

Tried another MAF? When you disconnect it, it goes to sort of a default set of parameters. If its plugged in and won't run, try another maf.

Comment

No I didn't. I'm always apprehensive when it comes to changing out sensors due to the experience I had with my S50. A bad ground inside of the harness left me chasing ghosts with sensors for two years before it was finally sorted. That said, I'll see if I can find one to try out.

Comment

Since I couldn't source another MAF this weekend, I cleaned mine with some "CRC Mass Air Flow Sensor Cleaner." That resulted in my car idling with the MAF plugged in albeit very rough. I was able to run it like that for a few minutes and retrieved a fault code 1215 aka a MAF code. So I ordered a new one and that should be in by the weekend. Fingers crossed!

Comment

Did you solve this? I'm having the exact same issue with my s52

Comment

Working...
            X