No announcement yet.

BMW glas 3000 v8 worth anything?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like you would almost have to remake the entire car. as rare as it is, i would say it probably needs to be marketed as a parts car. because of its rarity, it could be pretty valuable to someone restoring one. too bad it isn't a 507.
    Last edited by flyboyx; 10-18-2014, 06:55 PM.
    sigpic
    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If it's worth $110k fixed up, that body, as it sits is going to be worth 10k. That is a good pick up, and just resell ... in the right places.

Comment

I love seeing stuff like this. Buy and flip!

Comment

Originally posted by gtdragon980 View Post
          I wonder why it has a m30 in it though?
          could be a later model which might mean they switched to the M30 due to being a better engine this could be ultra rare for all we know. I think it is worth buying and at least reselling to someone who can fix it up.

Though after googling I may be wrong.

Though if wiki is correct this could be a one off prototype as the original was supposed to be a 6.
          Last edited by Massimo; 10-19-2014, 04:30 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

my wife and i were on that side of town today so i drove by to see it. i have to say it doesn't look any better in person than it does in the photos. in fact, i would have to say it looks much worse if that is somehow possible. of course they were closed today but it is visible through the fence and has been sitting there a long time. i would say that you should buy it anthony if you can get it really cheap like a grand or less. i can't imagine anyone buying it for anyting other than a parts car. i guess i would market it on ebay international with a buy it now. ask a crazy price to start out, but don't expect it to get 10k out of it. i am certainly no expert on value, but it doesn't look like there are very many useful parts on it. i don't think a single body panel can be reused. also keep in mind its ugly as hell and i might assume that would kill its desirability. its possible they didn't sell well because no one wanted to buy them.

i certainly don't see it as a slam dunk. it may or may not be pretty difficult to find a buyer. i guess you will need a place to store it for perhaps months until it moves.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

If its not a highly collectible car, I'd say fix it up enough to where you could daily drive it. Besides whats the point in putting a car in a show room and not showing her a good time?

Comment

^^^^^^^
                Did you even loom at the photos?
                It would take a couple thousand to make this thing even roll off the yard

Comment

Sheet metal sir. Have you ever done autofab/bodywork?

Comment

Dude, have YOU done any auto/fab work? That car is not even remotely driveable. Practically every body panel on that car is going to need to be replaced, and since it's really unlikely anyone makes repair panels for that car, that means that each and every single panel will have to be hand made. I can't imagine it would take any less than thousands of hours of work to do just the metal and body work. Nevermind that it would take years to learn to do that work if you don't know how to weld and fab already.

It may be rare, but in that condition, I think it would have to be a Gullwing or something to be worth fixing.

Comment

Oh Yeah I can already smell that funky old German car smell
                      Directly above the center of the Earth

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                        Dude, have YOU done any auto/fab work? That car is not even remotely driveable. Practically every body panel on that car is going to need to be replaced, and since it's really unlikely anyone makes repair panels for that car, that means that each and every single panel will have to be hand made. I can't imagine it would take any less than thousands of hours of work to do just the metal and body work. Nevermind that it would take years to learn to do that work if you don't know how to weld and fab already.

It may be rare, but in that condition, I think it would have to be a Gullwing or something to be worth fixing.
                        Doesn't have to be OEM spec man, chill.

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          my wife and i were on that side of town today so i drove by to see it. i have to say it doesn't look any better in person than it does in the photos. in fact, i would have to say it looks much worse if that is somehow possible.
                          I lol'd

this car must be the direct predecessor to BMW's current lineup
                          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

I love it <3
                            ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                            ~ '87 535
                            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Rusty? BMW? stay away. No jk. I wouldn't go for it, it might be rare but it'll give you a rare headache. Those wheels on that E24 however are pretty cool. If you could get them for cheap, I'd go for them.

Comment

for a restorer, these parts could mean gold. but you would have to wait for some time...

Comment

Working...
                                X