Clear All

S52 Swap

Shtuff For Sale

Comment

Mmmm
      Der Cherry Bomb

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
        Does the paint come out naturally looking like or did you just put a very light coat of paint? It looks really OEM, I like it.
        I just put very light coats of this paint for lights. After like 6 month the yellow started to fade.

heres a pick from about 6 months ago, you can see how much they faded.

befor ellips , was all yellow

Befor I sold the car. I did get real ellips. For high beams i got some JdM tIgHt bulbs . It looked nice. You could see the yellow bulb when the light were off. Hard to see in the pic's

Comment

All 4 look really good matching ^^^

What was the color at night? More yellow or white (normal?)?
          -Nick
          Originally posted by 87e30
          First of all: calm the fuck down; second of all; cool story bro.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
            Painting the high beam yellow, you'll just have a yellow high beam. As for getting a yellow light like the MB 123 fogs, they will work as fogs. The paint that can be used is made by dupli color, it's metelcast yellow. or you can get stainedglass paint at a craft store. In the past i think i sprayed a light coat then two heavier coats to get what i wanted.
            So, would you say that using the yellow glass paint works just as well as having actual yellow bulbs?

"The Camry is an appliance, not a car. It attracts folks who have the same regard for driving that they have for washing dishes,
            i.e. it's a necessary but somewhat unpleasant chore and they want something to make the task a little easier and insulate them from the process."
             - my friend, Número Veintiséis

Comment

Originally posted by JBird View Post
              So, would you say that using the yellow glass paint works just as well as having actual yellow bulbs?
              Yellow is yellow. But with the paint, you'll just have the risk of it flacking off or fade....

1992 BMW 325iC
              1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
              1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Who has done this Lamin x? Im thinking of doing all 4 of my headlights with it..

-NICK

Comment

Mine are done with lamin x they have held up pretty well been on there since November of last year.http://www.flickr.com/photos/53598080@N02/

Comment

here's mine with Laminex..since removed.

'87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
                      here's mine with Laminex..since removed.
                      Thats the exact shade of yellow I want thanks!

Btw ur car is sick.

-NICK

Comment

Originally posted by BeemerBuyer View Post
                        All 4 look really good matching ^^^

What was the color at night? More yellow or white (normal?)?
                        when the paint was new it was super yellow. but the light out put was good. Since they were sealed beams i really didnt care, cops didnt care ether. I liked the yellow . It was a japanese fog light paint and cost me 20 bux lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X