Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear main seal... will this work?

saw this DIY...

Anyone know if the part number listed (11141438274) will work for m/s50?

It's $90 at turner vs $25 for just the seal, but I don't want to mess with pulling & pressing in a new seal.

I see no part number for a similar assembly on realOEM for the m/s50 which is why I'm asking you guys before I order.

TIA
    M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

I can't help on the part number, but I've done the rear main seal on a few S52 motors and it's really easy, no pressing or pulling really required. Taking it out just requires digging a sharp object like a nail or screw into the seal and pulling it out. Putting a new seal on usually goes on by hand or with very little extra effort.

Comment

Just get the seal. Pull the old one off, new seal comes with a guide sleeve. Use that and CAREFULLY put the new one on.
      sigpic

Check out my build thread!! :p

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=288383

Comment

Sweet, thanks guys. Glad I asked.
        M119 M42 M62 S52 S62

Comment

Originally posted by She loved E View Post
          saw this DIY...

Anyone know if the part number listed (11141438274) will work for m/s50?

It's $90 at turner vs $25 for just the seal, but I don't want to mess with pulling & pressing in a new seal.

I see no part number for a similar assembly on realOEM for the m/s50 which is why I'm asking you guys before I order.

TIA
          The part does exist with the seal in the cover for m/s5x, I had trouble with mine and ended up getting one.
          1991 318is sold!
          1989 325=track car--S52'd
          Durango R/T for towing.
          >>>Build thread<<<
          M235i daily driver

Comment

Working...
          X