Super ETA "1988 325" Single Mass Flywheel Converson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super ETA "1988 325" Single Mass Flywheel Converson

Need to confirm something with all you "325i"ers who've already done a clutch job or had to remove your flywheel for other reasons.

Little Background: I'm in the middle of a clutch job right now on my 1988 325, which has a dual mass flywheel. I've purchased an "i" single mass flywheel, had it machined, got the 323i throwout bearing and all that happy jazz. Even the famous Curil K2 for my tranny output shaft seal..... anyway. So I've got everything I thought I needed. However, when I went to realoem to check out something I noticed there is a spacer ring on the flywheel. It's hard to tell if this spacer ring is between the flywheel and crankshaft or if it's between the flywheel and flywheel bolts. Im sure someone knows and they can chime in. I didn't have a spacer ring as I had a dual mass flywheel so I had to suck it up and get one form the Stealership for an ass raping 32$. Here's the realoem diagram to show you the spacer I speak of (Number 10)

Thanks Guys!

It's a gall plate between bolt head and flywheel, it may also be there so the bolt doesn't bottom out .
    89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Thanks Digger

Comment

Working...
      X