Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

look it's absolutely impossible to take any comments you have about understanding and distinctions in constitutional law because you're clearly only educated in the sense that you regurgitate shit from pundits without questioning it.

for the record, i don't think trump himself colluded with the russians.

i'm neutral about the circumstances of comey's firing but it seems like trump's legal team should sit him down and tell trump where the lines between legal and ethical are when it comes to telling who to do what is appropriate or not

flynn is a liar and was right to be fired and should be investigated

Comment

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
      look it's absolutely impossible to take any comments you have about understanding and distinctions in constitutional law because you're clearly only educated in the sense that you regurgitate shit from pundits without questioning it.

for the record, i don't think trump himself colluded with the russians.

i'm neutral about the circumstances of comey's firing but it seems like trump's legal team should sit him down and tell trump where the lines between legal and ethical are when it comes to telling who to do what is appropriate or not

flynn is a liar and was right to be fired and should be investigated
      I agree, he's treating it too much like a business and needs to learn the gov way of doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
        so now that Comey has stated Trump was never under investigation will you admit to unreasonable bias?

and how amazing is it that this whole shitbag started with Democrats accusing the Trump team of collusion when the only collusion so far is Comey agreeing to call Clinton's email investigation as a "matter" that coordinated with the Clinton campaign?

And now it's on to obstruction for the democrats when there is none, that Comey works for the President at his pleasure and can be fired for no reason. Ordering Comey to stop the Flynn investigation, which he didn't, is the President's call. He could have ordered him to stop and it still wouldn't be obstruction. The President could have pardoned Flynn for any reason which he also did not do.

Where was Comey when Obama essentially did worse by opining there was not any national security issues surrounding Clinton's email server when there was an active FBI investigation underway?

And why was the only fact that was not leaked by the FBI was that Trump was NOT under investigation?

Comey deserved to be fired about 100 times over and is proven to be untrustworthy
        "Not obstruction"

"Not under investigation"

LOL!

You freaks live in another fucking dimension.

Comment

Now President Trump has appointed longtime loyalist Lynne Patton — who has zero housing experience and claims a law degree the school says she never earned — to run the office that oversees federal housing programs in New York.
          make cronyism great again!

Comment

Rip poor people bois

#Prayersforthepoor #gop
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

Healthcare (like consumer banking) is one of those areas that require government intervention unfortunately. My family has decent insurance and I have personally been taken advantage of the by the health care system for a walking pneumonia diagnosis and then for the birth of my children (talking tens of thousands of $$$).

I'm all for a free market if one can be established, but nothing about the health care industry is a free market... and it certainly is not a fair one. We NEED regulation on the health care industry from insurance to provider to pharma. One major health event can completely bankrupt a middle class family, and in an extreme case... their extended family as well.

Trump is going in the opposite direction and there are going to be a lot more Trump voters who are going to realize they f*cked up in a way that could profoundly impact their lives, both health wise and financially.

I'm not saying the ACA was any great piece of legislation... but at least it got the ball rolling in the right direction. If Obama and the dems hadn't been such pussies in the early part of his presidency he might have been able to progress health care reform further.
              "A good memory for quotes combined with a poor memory for attribution can lead to a false sense of originality."
              -----------------------------------------
              91 318is Turbo Sold
              87 325 Daily driver Sold
              06 4.8is X5
              06 Mtec X3
              05 4.4i X5 Sold
              92 325ic Sold & Re-purchased
              90 325i Sold
              97 328is Sold
              01 323ci Sold
              92 325i Sold
              83 528e Totaled
              98 328i Sold
              93 325i Sold

Comment

i hope this is the moment when everyone whined about ACA being "shoved down our throats" (yet took over 1 year of extensive negotiations to write) will be up in arms about a senate bill that is being unveiled a week before a vote happens

lol

Comment

Don't worry, to them It has to happen this way or 'the dems will ruin it'.

Kinda like how they messed up the ACA in the first place, then whined when they voted it through.
                  willschnitz

Comment

its a tax cut disguised as healthcare "fix"

Comment

The new legislation is 142 pages long and one week before the vote is more than ample time to review it for a vote.

You morons apparently have forgotten that Obamacare as presented in the Senate under Harry Reid had only 6 days to review 2,700 pages. This was BEFORE it was sent to the house.

And of course, there is this gem.

I can't believe so many people here are so stupid.
                      Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                      Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                      Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                        I can't believe so many people here are so stupid.
                        “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                        Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Obviously you can't do simple research yet again Marshall.

The process for ACA started in early 2009, and they finally came to an 'OK' one by 2010. And it didn't take effect until 2014. Pelosi is an idiot I agree, but Its hilarious to me that a 142 page tax cut is a good replacement for a 1000+ page planned bill designed to protect individuals by giving them health care, no matter if they have preexisting conditions or not.

At this point, with how many millions will now be without coverage, possibly more if businesses bail on ACA requirements, its pretty obvious to all Republicans don't give a shit about any of you. Especially when you see their campaign donations.

And yall are upset about your $12 tax increase.
                          willschnitz

Comment

Originally posted by LBJefferies View Post
                            "Not obstruction"

"Not under investigation"
                            care to recant your allegations? or is your head still in the sand?
                            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              Obviously you can't do simple research yet again Marshall.

The process for ACA started in early 2009, and they finally came to an 'OK' one by 2010. And it didn't take effect until 2014. Pelosi is an idiot I agree, but Its hilarious to me that a 142 page tax cut is a good replacement for a 1000+ page planned bill designed to protect individuals by giving them health care, no matter if they have preexisting conditions or not.

At this point, with how many millions will now be without coverage, possibly more if businesses bail on ACA requirements, its pretty obvious to all Republicans don't give a shit about any of you. Especially when you see their campaign donations.

And yall are upset about your $12 tax increase.
                              do you recall the Republicans being un-invited to craft the legislation?
                              that they had no say whatsoever in the bill that was passed, with legislative gimicks, without bi-partisan support?
                              and have you taken time to learn what's in the new bill? pre-existing conditions are still covered. you can still be carried by your peeps to age 26. etc.
                              and they way the democrats get to millions more uninsured is because the individual mandate will be dropped, meaning some people won't buy healthcare. oh noes!! terrible!!
                              Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Probably cause republicans can't agree on a bill they craft 100%, with a majority to pass.
                                lol

I think you forget your GOP representatives played the 'waaah hes forcing this down our throats so we won't participate' card instead of actually providing input.

Eric Cantor and House Republicans had already made it crystal clear that they were not cooperating under any circumstances.
                                But with Obama’s blessing, the Senate, through its Finance Committee, took a different tack, and became the fulcrum for a potential grand bargain on health reform. Chairman Max Baucus, in the spring of 2009, signaled his desire to find a bipartisan compromise, working especially closely with Grassley, his dear friend and Republican counterpart, who had been deeply involved in crafting the Republican alternative to Clintoncare. Baucus and Grassley convened an informal group of three Democrats and three Republicans on the committee, which became known as the “Gang of Six.” They covered the parties’ ideological bases; the other GOPers were conservative Mike Enzi of Wyoming and moderate Olympia Snowe of Maine, and the Democrats were liberal Jeff Bingaman of New Mexico and moderate Kent Conrad of North Dakota.

Baucus very deliberately started the talks with a template that was the core of the 1993-4 Republican plan, built around an individual mandate and exchanges with private insurers—much to the chagrin of many Democrats and liberals who wanted, if not a single-payer system, at least one with a public insurance option. Through the summer, the Gang of Six engaged in detailed discussions and negotiations to turn a template into a plan. But as the summer wore along, it became clear that something had changed; both Grassley and Enzi began to signal that participation in the talks—and their demands for changes in the evolving plan—would not translate into a bipartisan agreement.

What became clear before September, when the talks fell apart, is that Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell had warned both Grassley and Enzi that their futures in the Senate would be much dimmer if they moved toward a deal with the Democrats that would produce legislation to be signed by Barack Obama. They both listened to their leader. An early embrace by both of the framework turned to shrill anti-reform rhetoric by Grassley—talking, for example, about death panels that would kill grandma—and statements by Enzi that he was not going to sign on to a deal. The talks, nonetheless, continued into September, and the emerging plan was at least accepted in its first major test by the third Republican Gang member, Olympia Snowe (even if she later joined every one of her colleagues to vote against the plan on the floor of the Senate.)
                                There was a push for a Bi-partisan solution in 2009, but idiots like McConnel ruined it.

Once you see his top donos, you tend to see why too.

willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X