Help from track car owners please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help from track car owners please?

I'm doing a full interior swap and when I pulled my carpet I found the bracket for the accelerator pedal had rusted from the floorpan. I've treated with rust preventer, then used POR 15, followed by fiberglass. Now my problem is I need to JB Weld the bracket back in place and need to know exact placement sso it will fit thru slot in my new carpet.

Can you help a guy out? I figure if you could measure from the pedal stop bolt to bracket for the north-south and from the left panel wall to bracket for east-west. Or whatever you find easy that's accurate. Your help is greatly appreciated!

Here's what I found under the carpet...
    Attached Files

Have someone cut that mess out and reweld a tab in for the pedal. I would not want that gas pedal to break off on track or worse... get stuck down.

Comment

I should clarify-this is not a track car, just need measurements w/o carpet for an accurate placement. I appreciate your consideration for my safety, but I'm confident that JB Weld will be fine in this application. It's approved for bonding to fiberglass and if the bracket didn't come loose with the floor being that rusted, it won't come loose now.

Still need help with those measurements guys!

Comment

bump

Comment

Measure the carpet? Transfer dimensions to the floor?
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

I got measurements from a parts car sans carpet at my buddy Ben's shop yesterday, and before I did the JB Weld process and attached it to the floor I drilled a hole in each of the mounting tabs so I could screw it down as added insurance. I also ordered a new accelerator pedal cause the plastic tabs on mine weren't in the greatest condition.

That bitch ain't goin anywhere now...
            Attached Files

Comment

What was the north south measurement?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

You were spot on at 6 3/8" from the pedal stop Mike. The east-west was 14 1/2" from the left panel below the speaker.

Comment

Working...
                X