Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sweeet

Comment

Updated post 6. I got the 4101 hose and it is not correct. Hell, IDK how it can pass as a replacement for the OE hose, but whatever.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Which one of those connects to the resivior?

Comment

None. Those are just options for the heater hoses between the back of the engine and the firewall.

Reason there are so many is I tried to put down every part number they came up as, in case someone's cross-reference wasn't complete or a number goes NLA.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
            Updated post 6. I got the 4101 hose and it is not correct. Hell, IDK how it can pass as a replacement for the OE hose, but whatever.
            Interesting. You gonna try the OE hose, or the one I used?
            85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
            e30 restoration and V8 swap
            24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
              Interesting. You gonna try the OE hose, or the one I used?
              I've got the one you used on the way from Federated. That 4101 # was the Goodyear number, "trim to fit" so I figured I'd have some extra to play with, but it's just a straight 90 degree bend. The one you used is a 90 degree but it also kinda curves around, correct?

I'll snap a pic of the 4101 vs the proper one.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                None. Those are just options for the heater hoses between the back of the engine and the firewall.

Reason there are so many is I tried to put down every part number they came up as, in case someone's cross-reference wasn't complete or a number goes NLA.
                So how the hell do I hook up this resivior?? Lol I'm lost

Comment

To be honest, I haven't even looked into the expansion tank/cooling stuff. Figured I'd see how well we run air-cooled for a while. Haha!

Now I've got the fire lit under my ass to delve into this.

Comment

Okay, here we go:

71692 hose. It's an odd little guy. Like I said above, do not get a 4104 hose, it is just a straight 90 degree hose. 71692, as you can see, is an odd 90 degree hose.

Also, for reference, the connector (Dayco 80422).

4101, bottom. 71962, top.

Hopefully that complets this portion of the swap.
                    Last edited by slammin.e28; 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I think I'm going to have to make something to go around my oil filter for the upper hose.

Comment

Originally posted by Vtec?lol View Post
                        I think I'm going to have to make something to go around my oil filter for the upper hose.
                        Ditto. Haven't gotten that far yet. Took my engine back out to weld up the holes in the bay, plumb the brakes, etc.

Comment

I am looking for the post where someone modified the crossover. Could have sworn someone cut the necks off and turned them for mor clearance.

Also confused on the plumbing, where each will go

Comment

Depends on your coolant reservoir setup. I used a Mercedes tank mounted on the battery tray, so I had to modify mine.

In the following pic, the far left outlet was welded shut. The middle two are heater core feed/return. Far right is the feed from the reservoir, which is normally a small nipple that I had cut off, and replaced with the big nipple that I cut off from the far left. It matched the size of my reservoir.

Keep in mind, there's a few different style crossover manifolds, so one may work better depending on your needs.

Comment

So the two on the right that are y-ed together, one is the return from the heater core and the other goes to a reservoir?

The reservoir is required correct?

Couldn't u take all those nozzles, lop them off, weld up where they used to be, then weld them to the top an change their orientation?

Comment

Well, it's not actually a resevoir, it's an expansion tank, as it's fully pressurized. You theoretically don't need one, but then you'd need to use a radiator with a built-in cap. And probably an unpressurized reservoir tied into that.

And yes, you can locate those nipples wherever you'd like.

Comment

Working...
                                X