Finally ready for photos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally ready for photos

Hey all, a few months back i bought a 127k e30 and have been slowly working on un-ghettoing it with help from parts from Levent & guten.

after fixing a fuel leak, replacing bumper trim and ugly angel eyes i pulled it out yesterday and cleaned it. figured id post some photos here. Recently signed up for bmwcca golden gate chapter. any other e30 clubs in the bay area?

Interior to come but I want to reupholster the seats before pics.

This is an after/before cleaning with waterless cleaning solution after being in my parking garage for a month (nasty!)

soooo someone sell me some caps/waffles for my wheels :)

Congrats on the purchase.

Big difference on the waterless cleaning. Looking good so far!
    1990 325i
    2004 330i Individual 6-speed
    sigpic

Comment

Looks nice, haven't seen you around yet
      Build Threads:
      Pamela/Bella/Betty/325ix/5-Lug Seta/S60R/Miata ITB/Miata Turbo/Miata VVT/951/325xi-6

Comment

very nice! clean

Comment

Originally posted by Julien View Post
          Looks nice, haven't seen you around yet
          i dont get out much

Comment

Originally posted by Blaine0002 View Post
            i dont get out much
            can you explain the waterless cleaning?
            “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
            Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Well apparently there some CA mandate regarding washing cars, but I don't really know the specifics of it. I don't have regular access to a hose either way so my brother got me this stuff as a christmas gift

EcoSmart is a revolutionary complete waterless detailing system that cleans, shines, and protects without running water and comes in ready-to-use or concentrated form. It’s a full car wash in a bottle.

It looks pretty darn good, but I can feel it still needs a claybar :)

Comment

4-cylinder car? I'm feeling a 4-cylinder vibe here. Muffler makes me think otherwise though.

Car looks sexual, good job. I even kind of like the gold wheel centers.
                1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

nope its a bronziet '89 325is sorry I neglected this information

Comment

chrome kidneys, paint the tow hook cover black, get the waffles and this car will be done with the exterior IMO

whats the plan behind those tinted windows? ie interior
                    Simon
                    Current Cars:
                    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Nice car, but bronzit? Unless I went suddenly and severely colorblind that isn't bronzit. Also, are the weaves real BBS or reps?
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
                        chrome kidneys, paint the tow hook cover black, get the waffles and this car will be done with the exterior IMO

You forgot the door handles. Sweet jesus, the door handles.
                        1991 318is Brillantrot daily driver (slow restoration)

Comment

Mm waffles do sound good right now.
                          88 d21 draggin pavement
                          89 dirty30 kissin earth

Im just here to learn new things and meet new people.

Comment

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                            Yea I saw that after I posted, something tells me this car has come a long way from the 90s and the OP is doing a great job
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:
                            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by YosemiteSam View Post
                              Nice car, but bronzit? Unless I went suddenly and severely colorblind that isn't bronzit. Also, are the weaves real BBS or reps?
                              real bbs, original color of car was bronzit

I kinda like the black kidneys simply because chrome wouldnt match the rest of the trim

tan interior, i want to reupholster the seats before I take any pics. only very small cracks on dash, already removed the body color painted center console and i have new regular black pieces to put in once i get the brand new heatercore and valve i installed bled. door handles and door cubby bits are black but I have the original tan bits im going to put back on. as i said, un-ghettoing. The nice thing is the trunk has a custom bmw floormat and the headliner was recently redone

Originally posted by c0rbin9 View Post
                              i dont like em either.

guys. im making progress. one step at a time. it could still look like this :P
                              (this was after i ripped the red eyelids off)

Comment

Working...
                              X