The 3 day - E30 M50B25NV Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPD47 View Post
    And finished my day with a garbage plate that Brent_Strong and Mark (neonglh) brought me :)
    Are you in Rochester? :p

Originally posted by whysimon
    WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

Originally, yes. My parents still live there and I keep a lot of stuff at their house.
      -Mike

Comment

Haha. My friend lives just outside of Rochester and he told me of the awesomeness? of garbage plates. Every time I visit I consider eating one of these things, but feel it would cause my stomach to shut down.

Comment

if you don't get the meat sauce on there it's not too crap-inducing
          Originally posted by blunt
          can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

Originally posted by brandon11130 View Post
            sweet!! im shooting for 3 day swap myself. the car is my DD so im gunna get the m50 all assembled and bolted to the 260 with clutch and everything, bend the shift rod, make the plug etc etc.

then take off work friday, pull the m20 and trans and get as much ready as i can, then saturday put the motor in and finish it up on sunday and drive it to work on monday. hopfully it goes smoothly, this is my DD and my only car lol. kinda of ambitious but m50 swaps are becoming cake.
            Better have a cab on speed dial, good luck but it sounds as if you are setting yourself up for disaster, i tried something similar and it wasn't worth the frustration.
            97 tacoma 5 spd 4 cylinder
            2001 330ci 5 speed
            83 733i 5 speed, (FS)

Comment

Originally posted by ColdAccord View Post
              if you don't get the meat sauce on there it's not too crap-inducing
              hm, I've heard that's what makes it a garbage plate. I'm gonna try one when I visit him.

Comment

are you stripping the car at all? it will be really interesting to see the difference, but of course it depends on how fresh each motor was.
                Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Wow, g/l on getting it done on time!

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                    are you stripping the car at all? it will be really interesting to see the difference, but of course it depends on how fresh each motor was.
                    both the chassis and the donor car have upwards of 180k (i dont remember exactly. his e30 is my old one)
                    Originally posted by blunt
                    can you get me a deal on cases of their (fiji) bottled water? i wash my 02 in that shit

Comment

No stripping, if anything the car will be getting heavier as I plan on putting my stereo (focal components, small JL sub). Nothing flashy, just like things to sound "nice". Also planning on putting some work into the interior (vaders because I had a set in my 525iT that is for sale and I love them). Stuff like that. But for now it's a stock for stock swap with nothing else other than brake pads, lines, and springs.
                      -Mike

Comment

you have as many problems as i do. bring it down to get turboed so i have some more motivation to finish mine.
                        my e30 m3 build up...
                        http://www.blowneuroz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=182

Comment

Working...
                        X