vaughnbannister's Turbo S50 Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by e30_world View Post
    Man just saw this build. I just notice I featured one of your photos on my IG page. Sorry bought your craptastic buying experience. Excited to see this get going. I'm debating boosting my s50... But have much more to do before then.

Oh that's awesome, just tag me in it [emoji14]
    Yeah it sucks, but I'll get the ball rolling again. Thank you!
    I would recommend it, but I haven't quite done it yet [emoji28] so close, yet so far
    - S50 Swapped E30 1/1 Mineral White -
    @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Sorry to see that you build is on hold. Selling a toasted engine is just messed up.
      1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
      5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
        Sorry to see that you build is on hold. Selling a toasted engine is just messed up.

Yeah, and then not owning up to it [emoji19][emoji19]
        @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Originally posted by iiTzvaughn View Post
          Well I guess the build is on hold for a bit until I find yet another s50. I might have the head covered from a friend, then just a long block and crank would be all I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Same thing happened to me:( I drove about 7 hours round trip to pick up a motor, and it had a fucked up piston so i ended up rebuilding it...

Did you ever sell the S/C setup?

Instagram: @mistacarder

Comment

Originally posted by mistacarder View Post
            Same thing happened to me:( I drove about 7 hours round trip to pick up a motor, and it had a fucked up piston so i ended up rebuilding it...

Did you ever sell the S/C setup?

It would be hard for me to rebuild seeing as I'd have to bore it a bit for the cylinder wall to be perfect.

And no, I still have it. I was maybe thinking of getting an e36 m3 to throw it on there lol.
            Last edited by vaughnbannister; 01-01-2017, 03:05 PM.
            @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

That sucks. I don't know how someone could sell it you and calmly say that it's fine and came out of a running car when it's that screwed up

Comment

Originally posted by exhaust View Post
                That sucks. I don't know how someone could sell it you and calmly say that it's fine and came out of a running car when it's that screwed up

Yeah, exactly.
                Hopefully I'll have some good news real soon
                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

That's fucking brutal.
                  Originally posted by priapism
                  My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                  Originally posted by shameson
                  Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                    That's fucking brutal.

What part [emoji28]
                    @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Mostly the new S50, but I guess the death of the old one too.
                      Originally posted by priapism
                      My girl don't know shit, but she bakes a mean cupcake.
                      Originally posted by shameson
                      Usually it's best not to know how much money you have into your e30

Comment

damn man that's some rotten luck, both counts. I also ran into a hard time building my motor after buying a "freshly machined block". There were plenty of signs the deal was bad, but I was a noob and too trusting. Lesson learned.

Stick with it. Looks like you've got a pile of great parts. And your initial swap was super clean!

Also I'm with 328junkie... that's some pretty savage damage for oil starvation
                        '89 325i OBD2 S52 BUILD THREAD
                        Shadetree30

Comment

Originally posted by Northern View Post
                          Mostly the new S50, but I guess the death of the old one too.

Originally posted by Sh3rpak!ng View Post
                          damn man that's some rotten luck, both counts. I also ran into a hard time building my motor after buying a "freshly machined block". There were plenty of signs the deal was bad, but I was a noob and too trusting. Lesson learned.

Stick with it. Looks like you've got a pile of great parts. And your initial swap was super clean!

Also I'm with 328junkie... that's some pretty savage damage for oil starvation

Thank you guys lol. Yeah I have a lot of plans for making it as clean as my initial swap, but I don't want to give the detail of that away yet[emoji6]

Yeah I think so too, but oh well.
                          That reminds me... I wonder if my tranny is ok [emoji849]
                          @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

I have some news on the new engine set up I have.. I'll post it when I get the news from the machine shop.

Also, starting to think about once it's in.. What gauges I should run.. Hmm.
                            @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Sorry to hear about your misfortune! I will be following your build thread, it looks interesting.
                              sigpic

Comment

So I got a new block and new head from a friend of mine. The block is a m50 and I'm going to bore it up to a 3.0l. The head is currently getting cleaned and pressure tested/machined.
                                In the meantime.. This is how she sits.
                                Currently looking at how to make 17 inch 3 piece style 5's to make them wide. But that's been harder than I thought.
                                @vaughnbannister on IG

Comment

Working...
                                X