Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M20 2.8L Stroker crank (84mm), New camshaft, 135mm connecting rods, late 325i pistons - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

M20 2.8L Stroker crank (84mm), New camshaft, 135mm connecting rods, late 325i pistons - No Longer Available

M20 2.8L Stroker crank (84mm), New camshaft, 135mm connecting rods, late 325i pistons

Selling some of my spare parts I accumulated from 2.8L build I'm doing:

M20 2.8L stroker crankshaft (M52 98 528i).This crankshaft cleared my '90 325i block. All crank's main journals are clearly marked yellow by BMW so no need to purchase and hunt down different size bearings, yellow set of Kolbenschmidt should do it (obviously you would still need to plastgauge to be 100% sure).
    All parts are used.
    Febi brand new, never installed M20B25 camshaft as pictured (rockers aren't included)
    m20b25 OEM KOLBENSCHMIDT late model short skirt pistons. Can be used with the above crank for 2.8L or with ETA rods and ETA crank for 2.7L stroker. 135mm 325i rods - bushings are in very good condition.

SOLD - Febi camshaft (shipped)
    $100- 2.8L crankshaft (local pickup only)
    $160 for 325i pistons and rods. (shipped)
    Can separate rods and pistons: $80 - pistons and $100 for rods

List Date: 2/4/2017

For more info, click here to view the original listing: M20 2.8L Stroker crank (84mm), New camshaft, 135mm connecting rods, late 325i pistons
    --------------------------------------
    This item is no longer available.

--------------------------------------

Last edited by zaq123; 04-13-2017, 08:50 AM.

ttt

Comment

Just so everyone knows, since I had difficulty finding the answer when I did my 2.8 stroker, when using a double vanos crank just because it clears the block does not mean you won't have clearance issues when it comes to the piston skirts contacting the counterweights. I know from experience. I'm not as familiar with the 5 series but I believe by 98' all of the m52 were double vanos. Anyways nothing that can't be machined down which you probably want to have checked and machined anyways.

Looks clean, good luck with the sale OP. Bump.

Comment

Originally posted by Aikmanson View Post
        Just so everyone knows, since I had difficulty finding the answer when I did my 2.8 stroker, when using a double vanos crank just because it clears the block does not mean you won't have clearance issues when it comes to the piston skirts contacting the counterweights. I know from experience. I'm not as familiar with the 5 series but I believe by 98' all of the m52 were double vanos. Anyways nothing that can't be machined down which you probably want to have checked and machined anyways.

Looks clean, good luck with the sale OP. Bump.
        thank you.
        scenario 1: 2.8L Yes, to use both, this crank with these 325i pistons, crank counterweights have to be machined down a little. ETA 130mm rods are required.
        scenario 2: 2.7L These piston will work perfectly with ETA crank with no mods to the crank. ETA 130mm rods are required
        scenario 3: 2.9-3L If you would like to use custom pistons (MM, JE or IE/Mahle) for your stroker, this crank clears the block perfectly. Still...some minor block clearancing may be needed since block to block can vary. 135mm rods are required (listed for sale in this thread)

PS. I'm sure if one is doing doing the stoker build, one has been researching what it takes.....I you are just starting up, this link should give you an idea.
        It shows scenario 1 in great detail http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=243359

info about pistons. http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...14&postcount=6
        My pistons are the same as pictured on the left, OEM Kolbenschmidt pistons
        Last edited by zaq123; 02-13-2017, 04:02 AM.

Comment

I would take the crank if you were local
          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

ttt....... no one needs stock spec camshaft for good ol' spec E30?

Comment

up....

Comment

Edit.....pistons and cam are sold
                Attached Files
                Last edited by zaq123; 04-13-2017, 08:53 AM.

Comment

ttt

Comment

still here

Comment

upupup....
                      Updated since pistons and cam are sold. Also decided to ship the crank if you are paying for the shipping.

Comment

does anyone know the compression ratio these setups will yield ?

Comment

Status on crankshaft? Still available? PM sent
                          If I didn't start a build thread did the build really happen?

Comment

Working...
                          X