• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mucci View Post
    Update:

I was just contacted by the investigator on the case. Here's how it went:

================================================== =====

Him: Hi David, this is ____ from the Chicago PD on the case for you garage break in.

Me: Yup, that'd be me.

Him: Do you have any idea who did it?

Me: Well, the ET and I came to the conclusion that it was a faked break in. So that leads me to believe it was related to someone with the key - who are me, the owner, and his handy man.

Him: Ok, what's your birthday?

Me: Oct 4th 1985

Him: Ok, well thanks for your help. If you end up finding out one of them has your stuff, please call me.

Me: Uhhhh what? Yea...ok.

Him: Ok, thanks again..

Me: Wait, do you know who they are? Do you want their information?

Him: Yea sure, I can put that down.

::gave him names and again is about to get off the phone::

Me: I have their phone numbers too...do you want those? I also have the owners address. Not the handy man's though.

Him: yea I could put that down here.

::gave him the info and got off the phone::

================================================== =====

I got off the phone not knowing whether I was the detective or if he was. This whole process has felt like people just trying to complete some section of paper work because they have to and not actually attempting to do any more work then the bare minimum.

Why do I pay taxes? And some of the highest taxes in the country at that. Is this 10.25% sales tax worth of police work? I don't think so.
    That's bullshit. Sorry to hear about all this shit man. Good luck finding the fucker.

90 325is alpine2 m50b25 becoming a dorifto car.

Comment

I got off the phone not knowing whether I was the detective or if he was. This whole process has felt like people just trying to complete some section of paper work because they have to and not actually attempting to do any more work then the bare minimum.

Why do I pay taxes? And some of the highest taxes in the country at that. Is this 10.25% sales tax worth of police work? I don't think so.
      did they even look at how the door was broken (any clues to it being 'staged') or fingerprints or anything?

yeah that's pretty much how it goes (they don't make money on investigating your loss, only on traffic citations, and they don't care about crime rates such as stolen personal possessions, only on things like murder)

sorry to hear that this is the case.

Comment

Cops are worthless.

"Its preparations are concealed, not published. Its mistakes are buried not headlined. Its dissenters are silenced, not praised. No expenditure is questioned, no rumor is printed, no secret is revealed."

John F. Kennedy

Comment

That sucks dude, I'm so glad I am just out of Cook county.

Comment

i'd do some stalking/investigating if i were you. what leads you to believe it was a staged break in? have you looked into previous renters? possibility of one of them?

Comment

Comment

I am sorry to hear what happened to you man, but I will keep an eye out since I am always buying parts from people locally.. Now I will double check the cameras and alarm at my shop everyday before I leave..

Comment

I just bought a daytime / night vision camera and recording device that stores up to 32 days worth.

Comment

Dave, might i suggest putting up some WTB posts on your local craiglists for some of the less obvious parts/tools that the thief wouldn't feel exposed selling?

Comment

Cop: And was there anything of value in the car?
                      The Dude: Oh, uh, yeah, uh... a tape deck, some Creedence tapes, and there was a, uh... uh, my briefcase.
                      Cop: [expectant pause] In the briefcase?
                      The Dude: Uh, uh, papers, um, just papers, uh, you know, uh, my papers, business papers.
                      Cop: And what do you do, sir?
                      The Dude: I'm unemployed.

Your talk with the cops made me think of this...anyway, chicago police are short staffed a couple thousand police everyday and people get murdered everyday... your on your own to solve this case man. I drive an ambulance in the city and this guy blew a stop sign and I t-boned him, since there were no injuries it took the cops over an hour to get there to do a report! Tell us more about the "staged break in" and this "handy man" please.
                      Originally posted by b3albakii
                      the head was okey .. and in a good mood
                      no i didnt over heat it so much
                      www.blunttech.com

Comment

So sorry to hear this, I loved your car bro. I'd stalk the shop owner and his handyman 24/7 or have a private detective follow them. That is so effffffffffff'd up :hitler:

SOLD: My feature http://www.stanceworks.com/2012/04/a...ss-bmw-e30-m3/

Comment

pics of said handy man?
                          sigpic
                          1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                          1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                          1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

you were born 364 days before me

Need Illustration or Design work? www.robbiebyerly.com

Comment

my truck was stolen from school campus and the 'detective' came to the deduction that i had left it unlocked with the keys in the vehicle. he told me to be less careless in the future and closed the case. the 'authorities' don't care - you're going to have to do the work yourself if you're going to find these guys. be vigilant.
                              1989 325is / 2.7, 274 cam, e30 M3 5-lug
                              1989 LN106 Hilux / 3.0TD SFA
                              1974 2002tii / stock
                              2002 IS300 / 5spd LSD

Comment

Originally posted by foofopps View Post
                                Tell us more about the "staged break in" and this "handy man" please.
                                THE STAGED BREAK IN
                                The ET came to the scene and I showed him where the overhead door looked to by pried with a screw driver - right around the locking plate on the outside.

I hadn't touched it prior to his arrival because I thought he would finger print the place - however after stating that I "watch too much CSI" he told he he couldn't finger print on any surface less smooth then glass.

We then tried to replicate the brake in (the door and locking mechanism was still in full functioning condition) with a screw driver. Not only could we not replicate the unlocking scenario, we couldn't see how it would even be possible.

It was deemed a staged break in so the case immediately pigeon holed down to who has the keys: Me, the owner, and his handy man. I didn't steal my own stuff, so that leaves 2 suspects.

THE OWNER: acted pretty sketchy when the ET was there, telling lots of over detailed stories. He talked 3x as much as I did. Prior to seeing that I thought he was a stand up guy, but that irked me out.

THE HANDY MAN: was the previous renter of the garage. When I moved in the owner had him change the locks. This handy man still had odds and ends in the garage - and being the handy man, I figured it was alright for him to have the key also. Turns out after speaking with the owner post break in - he shouldn't have had a key and shouldn't have had anything in the garage anymore. He had also been going in and out to grab things when i wasn't around, and was there a hand full of times while I was working. He's shady at best and hard up for money according to the owner: "He just asked me to borrow $50 last week. i usually lend him money every once in a while."

Comment

Working...
                                X