2.7 seta stroker -Which injectors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2.7 seta stroker -Which injectors?

I've got some tuning questions.. kinda new-ish to the 12v motors. Had a 318is and then did an m50 swap on a different car, but I wanted to stick with the m20 on the current car.

I have low mileage seta bottom end with a rebuilt i head (stock rebuild, polished cam) held together with metric blue studs and Cometic MLS gasket (the motor has seen boost twice in the 10k miles it's been running).

I have rebuilt 19# injectors (Mustang units) and am running the proper SSSquid chip for this setup, and the stock m20 AFM adjusted a little bit - the car starts hard most of the time - especially when its hot, doesn't like to hold idle a whole lot, and I'm getting about 16mpg. It pulls great when it winds up a bit, but I really feel like the bottom end is dead and it revs slow.

I'm thinking that 19# injectors is simply too much fuel, should I back down to 17#? Go back to the stockers?

Or should I try an m30 AFM and chip - or do an MAF swap?

Performance isn't a huge concern, I just really want to get the car to run perfect and get the mpg it's supposed to.

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

does your O2 sensor work?

17# or rebuilt stock B25 injectors probably aren't a bad idea. I wouldn't bother with the M30 AFM or MAF swap.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
      does your O2 sensor work?

17# or rebuilt stock B25 injectors probably aren't a bad idea. I wouldn't bother with the M30 AFM or MAF swap.
      Yep, I put in a new Bosch sensor earlier this year.

Sounds good, I've been leaning towards the 17#er's just to keep it simple and cheap..

Early models do it better.

'86 Cosmos Sedan LS1

Comment

Working...
      X