X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post
    I wish i had givin it to them in person
    Fixed
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
      Fixed
      so your saying i should go over and drop it off in person when they open tommrrow
      88 325is Five Speed
      Lachssilber

Comment

^Why the fuck wouldn't you do it in person? Anybody that "sends" a resume is asking for it to be put in the very bottom of the pile.

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
          ^Why the fuck wouldn't you do it in person? Anybody that "sends" a resume is asking for it to be put in the very bottom of the pile.
          I've never really applied for a job before so i went on BMW of Ontario's web site and tried to find info on the job so i went to careers and it lead me to a website to put in my resume, i didn't put it in yet. It looks like I'm going tomorrow morning to put my resume in
          88 325is Five Speed
          Lachssilber

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the things that's wrong with this country. I would think you'd be taught this in school.

Submitting your resume on line is like buying an e30 from Craigslist, without any pictures, and not going to inspect it first. would you ever do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Farbin Kaiber View Post
              Don't take this the wrong way, but that's one of the things that's wrong with this country. I would think you'd be taught this in school.

Submitting your resume on line is like buying an e30 from Craigslist, without any pictures, and not going to inspect it first. would you ever do that?
              the sad thing is that i was in my schools Business academy and i should know this stuff a little better, great analogy there though
              88 325is Five Speed
              Lachssilber

Comment

I've walked in plenty of times to places that were potentially hiring and told to apply online regardless. This was when I was 18-20. Of course you older guys push to walk in person. It's what you were taught and had to do in those days.

Nonetheless it's always better to at minimum walk in and seek a person in charge. Shows willingness!

I'd apply but it's too far for what I got going on.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

It also attaches the visual image of a real person with a name/resume. Otherwise you are simply a piece of paper, or an amalgamation of alphanumerical characters in a webform deposited into an email inbox.

Regardless of the apply online, if you want a job, you press flesh with the manager or guy in charge.

Comment

Well put ! Most places see on line app's applied on line all the time,but someone coming in and drop off face to face. I have gotten hired like all the time like that rather than on line.
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                      Well put ! Most places see on line app's applied on line all the time,but someone coming in and drop off face to face. I have gotten hired like all the time like that rather than on line.
                      Im going to be there at 8 am tomorrow morning to see if i can talk to someone, i just completely redid my resume and i have a couple of letters of recommendation so hopefully that will help
                      88 325is Five Speed
                      Lachssilber

Comment

I faxed over a copy of Farbin's goat herd to show dedication to one's passion. Sealed the deal with this one, hahah jk jk I <3 you.

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Working...
                        X