No announcement yet.

Starts then dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would check the vacuum lines that connect to the throttle body. The metal elbows like to come loose over time. Give them a pull and see if the wiggle or come loose. When the elbows came loose on my car I had hard starts, low idle, and stalling when I came to a stop.

Comment

Just an update on my situation. I replaced the ICV again and i still had the same issue. So I switch the AFM back to the original one I had. It starts right up and the surge idle went away after restarting it on warm engine. Everything was fine til I recently adjusted the idle back around 750 rpm. Everytime I push the gas, my belt squeaks. Sigh.. what gives? Do I need to place the idle back around 900 rpm? Seems to high for normal idle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
      "Stand Tall and Shake the Heavens"

Comment

Originally posted by E30xium View Post
        Just an update on my situation. I replaced the ICV again and i still had the same issue. So I switch the AFM back to the original one I had. It starts right up and the surge idle went away after restarting it on warm engine. Everything was fine til I recently adjusted the idle back around 750 rpm. Everytime I push the gas, my belt squeaks. Sigh.. what gives? Do I need to place the idle back around 900 rpm? Seems to high for normal idle.

Btw, what fixed the issue with surge idling was changing my ICV.

Comment

How are you adjusting the idle speed?

Comment

Originally posted by superj View Post
            How are you adjusting the idle speed?
            There's a small 2.5" Allen screw on the throttle that you can adjust. A combination of adjusting the cable tension and that.

Comment

Working...
            X