No announcement yet.

For the M4 fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah... It's not as pretty as the E30 and what not.

But by modern standards, everyone here would drive one if it was given to you. Admit it...

Although it's not GT3 money cool no.
    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I'll reserve judgement until I see one rolling around SF. Shouldn't take too long to spot one.
      Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
      A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
        Because if they aren't turning out a new design every 3-4 years then people stop buying. The only examples I can think of that has stayed away from this are the VW group, and they've got their own issues apparently.
        Agreed, but like you said, VW seems to "invest" in design, and cheap out on engineering.

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
        But by modern standards, everyone here would drive one if it was given to you. Admit it... .
        Ummm.. yes please. Wing and front lip will be first to go though.
        One does not simply walk into 4door
        Transaction Feedback

Comment

BMW has lost their way, The seem to be trying to appeal to a richer crowd, every year there cars are more and more radical. They had some saving grace on the new 7 series, which seems to be a true purpose built car. But they have gone bonkers with over all styling, the i3 looks hideous as well. And people wonder why we drive older, simply styled cars....

Originally posted by Nesset View Post
          But by modern standards, everyone here would drive one if it was given to you. Admit it...
          Would sell it, and buy a different car, it looks atrocious, if it was a Need for Speed game, i would drive it

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
            BMW has lost their way, The seem to be trying to appeal to a richer crowd, every year there cars are more and more radical.
            Agreed, I don't understand how they have gone full retard with the number of models they have? What was wrong with the 3,5,7, x3, x5? Now they have the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,x3,x5,x6 and a bunch of weird "crossover" and "grand touring" things and weirdness. They created the problem of the 3 being too big when the e90 was the size of the e39, heck the e90 is probably e3(2?) 7 series size... They could have brought the 3series back to its roots with a 2500pound car the size of the e30 and not needed to bring in the 1 and 2... I don't get it.
            -Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
            Originally posted by roguetoaster
            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Dont forget the x1 lol...

Please leave feedback below, thanks

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=358170

Comment

looks like a mustang to me LOL

Comment

Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                  Agreed, I don't understand how they have gone full retard with the number of models they have? What was wrong with the 3,5,7, x3, x5? Now they have the 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,x3,x5,x6 and a bunch of weird "crossover" and "grand touring" things and weirdness. They created the problem of the 3 being too big when the e90 was the size of the e39, heck the e90 is probably e3(2?) 7 series size... They could have brought the 3series back to its roots with a 2500pound car the size of the e30 and not needed to bring in the 1 and 2... I don't get it.
                  They're seeing the success that Audi is having with market penetration on multiple models and copying it. Since so many are being built on the same platform with similar internals, it becomes less of an issue to just copy and paste new bodies/sheet metal.

It's confusing as hell though.
                  sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                    looks like a mustang to me LOL

That's not really a bad thing. I think those new mustangs are sex.
                    sigpic

4 doors.. so much room for activities!

IG @bluebombr

Transaction Feedback:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=323622

Comment

Originally posted by ncsubowen View Post
                      That's not really a bad thing. I think those new mustangs are sex.
                      Ban^^^
                      1990 325i Cashmere Beige

"I don't like question marks. They're like exclamation points, but think they're fancy because they're curved. I won't tolerate it." -MNChiefsan

Comment

Originally posted by Matt-B View Post
                        BMW has lost their way, The seem to be trying to appeal to a richer crowd, every year there cars are more and more radical. They had some saving grace on the new 7 series, which seems to be a true purpose built car. But they have gone bonkers with over all styling, the i3 looks hideous as well. And people wonder why we drive older, simply styled cars....
                        They seem to be appealing to a richer crowd where have you been the last 3 decades my 325is would have been $52,000 adjusted for inflation in todays dollars $27,000 original msrp in 1989

The F30/32 is lighter than the E90 even though its larger
                        I love my e30 but it does not do a single thing better than my e90 335i

I agree the electric steering sucks and if it really cost almost 3 times the standard m4 thats absurd.
                        1989 BMW 325is Lachsilber metallic 5 speed
                        2007 BMW 335i KARMESINROT 6 Speed manual
                        2011 BMW X5 35I

Comment

The wing and the price ruin it for me, but Im poor so the price doesn't matter anyways. I think it would be cool if it would have a CSL type tail/Porsche ducktail. Also less orange accents, more black. But what do I know...

I do like the fact that BMW is releasing special edition versions (Lime Rock e92m3 was cool).

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I much prefer this.... Obviously without all the stickers, but I think that is more cohesive than the factories' take on the M...

-Christian

'02 ///M3 CarbonSchwartz 6MT daily beast
                            08/91 Mtechnic II 325IC alpine/lotus
                            318iS, slow build/garage queen...
                            '37 Chevy pickup, the über project
                            Originally posted by roguetoaster
                            Be sure to remind them that the M42 is one of the best engines ever made, but be sure to not mention where it actually falls on that list.

Comment

Working...
                            X