Forza 4 Challenge #20 - E30 M3 DTM!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by squidmaster View Post
    I can't get below 1:43. I'm using a wheel and pedals though. I'll give it a shot with a controller.

what is everyone getting up to in operating temps for the tires?
    I haven't played since Tuesday so I can't tell you about tire temps, but the controller sounds like its faster so let's see what kind of difference it makes!

Originally posted by bmwguy325is View Post
    Ya ok so I was a little late to the game. Busy week
    But alas to slow....
    I vote for moving the deadline to Sunday at midnight since we never get the new challenges up until Monday anyway.

New deadline for this challenge: Tonight at midnight! Keep trying!
    Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Elva Courier build thread here!

Comment

I cant go any faster sadly.......
      sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
      The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Tried to run another lap. Managed to pull off a 39.383.... but thats definitely all I got!

As for the Tire Temps, I was usually around 170F on average... but my tires only seemed to be good from Lap 2 to Lap 4, then they got crappy and would overheat from even the lightest slip angle after then.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |

Comment

If it helps, I used the stock tire pressure. I found the car to be very sensitive to throttle input. It actually behaves a lot like it did way back in challenge #1 when it was stock. Learning to either coast to the apex or use trailing throttle helps increase turn-in speed a lot.
          Interested in vintage cars? Ever thought about racing one? Info, photos, videos, and more can be found at www.michaelsvintageracing.com!

Comment

Originally posted by ELVA164 View Post
            If it helps, I used the stock tire pressure. I found the car to be very sensitive to throttle input. It actually behaves a lot like it did way back in challenge #1 when it was stock. Learning to either coast to the apex or use trailing throttle helps increase turn-in speed a lot.
            I found it to be a slow in fast out car. To fast to throttle and understeer. Maintenance throttle wasnt to bad.....
            sigpic"If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself." -Ferdinand Porsche
            The ugly car: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=209713

Comment

Guess I missed the new deadline. Oh well! It was fun with this setup at least

Comment

If there are any ideas for next week's challenge, post 'em here and I'll wait a few hours to see. If not, I have something in mind.

Comment

Working...
                X