Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New car I bought doesn't have the options I looked at...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ive got the money! What can i say lol

I'm not mad that I got the cheaper car than I was shown because I don't need alloy wheels, chrome trim or a fancy display that shows which door is left open. I'm happy with the car and how it looks/rides, but from what i was told by the professional car saleaman the trendline+ came with those features, but the sunroof was extra. I knew from the paperwork i was buying a 2015 jetta trendline+ so it wasnt like i didnt read anything but wasnt told that appearance pacakge was an extra until i got home and called. I'm just pissed that the sales person is a dumbass that doesn't have respect and doesn't know their own product.

Its a lesson and I'll take it as that. Was just wondering if there was any other stupid people like me that got taken though a loop. If I were with someone else buying a car I would make sure all of that was taken care so they don't get screwed over but if it's myself I just don't pay as much detail to the situation for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by cWalk3r View Post
      I'm just pissed that the sales person is a dumbass that doesn't have respect and doesn't know their own product
      Hate to say it but he sounds alot smarter than you

He sold a car for more than its worth...could you explain to me how he failed as a sales person or do you not understand the concept of a car salesman?

I hope you paid for the rust proof coating
      Last edited by Dirty325ix; 09-29-2015, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
        So you bought a car without even looking at it?

Seriously?
        +1

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
          I hope you paid for the rust proof coating
          No need, VW's and Audi's are galvanized and do pretty well standard.

At least they used to be.
          No E30 Club
          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

No need, VW's and Audi's are galvanized and do pretty well standard.

At least they used to be.
            Im guessing it was a sarcastic remark.

Sorry to hear OP. I am a bitch when buying cars. You ALWAYS have the upper hand...until you sign the paperwork.

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
              Im guessing it was a sarcastic remark.
              Wrote the response with that in mind. I couldn't really explain why though.

Actually I can, seemed the entire post was a tad harsh. I haven't seen any evidence that he sold the car for more than it was worth. I would say that both parties failed here. The salesman didn't care enough to build a long term relationship to guarantee a return customer, which is the real smart thing to do. The customer, well we know where he went wrong.

The way I see it, if the salesman DID rip off the customer, he's a short sighted idiot who will lose in the long run.

If he made a mistake and misadvertised the vehicle by accident, then he is an idiot in a more direct manner.
              No E30 Club
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Yea I can be a little bit of an ass before lunch

Power to you op for buying a new car...I'm super jelly, I wish I was in the market for a new car, instead of fixing my car

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty325ix View Post
                  Yea I can be a little bit of an ass before lunch
                  Happens to all of us. Hell I take lunch 2 hours into my shift.
                  No E30 Club

Comment

OP, how did this turn out? Did you pay for the appearance package or not?
                    sigpic
                    1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                    1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                    1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

I didn't end up paying for the appearance package. The guy just showed me the one with it and its strange he didn't offer me the chance to upgrade to the appearance package. Still didn't hear back from the dealer though, not even a were sorry our sales associate did that...

I really like the car how it is, it looks nice and drives comfortably. Great car just don't like the fact I've been dicked around. Im not sure if ill ever buy from this dealer agaim but well see. Also anyone ever get this many tow hooks?

I got 2 new ones, one in the glove box and one at the spare tire, and they supplied a third that was pre-jizzed in its correct holder in the spare tire.

Here's a picture of it

And I did a little photo shop and now I want to get an air setup lol

And heres my car family

Comment

Happens to all of us. Hell I take lunch 2 hours into my shift.
                        I should of realised the salesman wasn't the brightest as I asked whether the rears were drum brakes or disc. He said drum so I looked at it and of course they were disc.

Comment

Car looks great.

As for the tow hooks, the tech forgot to grab them during the PDI.

I have about 30 of them in my tool box. When I worked at VW we would take all out except the one in the tool kit.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                          X