PCM identification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM identification

hey so i bought a 86 325e with out a motor but lots of goodies on it, now i bought an 87 m20b27 from a junkyard with the wiring harness cut and dropped it in. The harness that came with the motor was noticeably different then the one on the car.The main difference being that the injector harness was not part of the engine harness I have read up and what I have read made it seem the 89 bmw switched to an injector harness that was on a connector to the main harness. I checked the pin out on my pcm and found out that it is a motronic 1.1 but there is no cover on the pcm being that i have a miller war tuning chip. So now i am trying to figure out what year the pcm is from and if the wiring harness i have will work with the motor i have. Is there any numbers on the board of the pcm that will point me in the direction of what year and model the pcm is from.

if you weren't lazy enough to post a photo of your PCM maybe we could answer that question

Comment

There was a question in there?

t
      now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
      X