1986 325 cannot fix skip... Help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1986 325 cannot fix skip... Help?

i have a 1986 325 that is skipping it idles ok when you come onto throttle the motor starts to skipp bad then clears up around 3-4000 rmp. i have put new plugs, wires and distrubutor cap on and cleaned the injectors. it is past me and i am unnable to find out where the skipp is comming from and am looking for some help.

Check for vacuum leaks.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

vacuum line diagram anywhere online? i have one small hose i am unsure of its function and cannot find its proper home.

Comment

This is where a picture kicks the rest of the internet's ass.

Do you have the Bentley? At this point, it's worth getting....

I'd also suggest looking at the throttle position switch (unlikely)

MAF (likely)

and fuel pressure...

hth

t
        now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

I have multiple MAF sensors i currrenty have the one i think is the good one in it. i have changed them all around multiple times and its running the best it ever has with the one thats in it right now. i am going to have to do a fuel pressure test today....

Comment

No i currently do not have the bentley.... maybe its time to pick one op...

Comment

Do some searching on the forum... I'm pretty sure someone posted the link to a download of the Bentley, free, recently.
              Estoguy
              1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
              X