Buying a haus! (Ugh...PG. 9)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UPDATE

So, got the inspection done. Now I'm stuck. Needs a crawl space sump pump, has something growing on the floor joists, and has some previous repairs under the living room floor that need addressed again. This is all in addition to various deterioration around some of the window and door frames.

Also, the bank assessor came by and said it would be assessed as a two bedroom as the master doesn't have a wall or door separating it from the rest of the house, making it common space. So the value will probably go down down down.

BUT I found another place I love.It's perfect, but only has one bath. Also we'll have to go through this whole process again, meaning my little girl will be here by the time we move in. Plus too, another home inspection, what could be wrong with this one?

I'm stuck.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Ok, went through and skimmed most of the thread, but if I missed anything I apologize. Couple things with the assessment, if you are financing the house, the loan will be pending appraisal, if the appraisal comes back below 138k due to the master bedroom wall, the bank will not fund the loan unless you pay the difference. inspection items and appraisal are good way to go back to the seller and renegotiate the price. especially the appraisal, because the house will never sell for more than that. Also, just because you are under contract doesn't mean you can't back out at anytime for any reason, if you're not feeling comfortable with the issues the house has, you should either ask the seller to correct them, reduce the price by the cost to fix them, or back out of the deal. If you have any questions, feel free to PM me. I've been through this a few times.
      My Build Thread

Comment

Post 3 on page 4.

Noob
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^^was that directed to me? if so, I view 40 posts per page, so the above post would be the 3rd post on the 4th page. You could just give me a post number if that would help.
          My Build Thread

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
            Post 3 on page 4.

Noob
            you're post 3 on page 4.
            Looking for a 3.46 or lower LSD. Lets make a deal.
            LSx e36TI coming soon
            Originally posted by s0urce
            Man, she'd be so easy to rape

Comment

Whelp, the sellers agreed to fix everything.

So, we got it. Just got my approval letter. Pending the title search and whatnot, but this time next month I'll be a home owner.

So stoked.

Comment

congrats! it's the best feeling in the world.
                My Build Thread

Comment

Is thisthe one that. Needed the pump and joists/windows fixed, or the other one you liked?
                  Either way, congrats. I know it is frustrating im waiting on land title transfer to complete my deal that has been in the works for FOUR MONTHS!
                  Lol, im stoked for you.
                  Originally Posted by ACMF74
                  i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

So, where's my room?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      So, where's my room?

The sex dungeon wasn't listed in the for sale ad for tax reasons, but rest assured it is there!
                      Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
                      The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by 325_e30 View Post
                        you're post 3 on page 4.
                        You're quite the astute observer.

Note the updated thread title, then refer to my post.

Have a nice day!

(In other words, I was giving OP shit for being a noob)
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
                          Is thisthe one that. Needed the pump and joists/windows fixed, or the other one you liked?
                          Either way, congrats. I know it is frustrating im waiting on land title transfer to complete my deal that has been in the works for FOUR MONTHS!
                          Lol, im stoked for you.
                          It's the one that needed repairs. They agreed to fix it all. Afterwords, we're going to have the inspector come back through and check the work.

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                          So, where's my room?
                          You'll be sharing with me, of course!

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
                          The sex dungeon wasn't listed in the for sale ad for tax reasons, but rest assured it is there!
                          With about a 1/2 acre wooded lot, I'm sure to find a nice place for one out back under the shed or something.

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                          You're quite the astute observer.

Note the updated thread title, then refer to my post.

Have a nice day!

(In other words, I was giving OP shit for being a noob)
                          I am a noob. ;)

Comment

I can live in the corner of the garage, and we can lust after much British stamped steel.
                            1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
                            You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
                              I can live in the corner of the garage, and we can lust after much British stamped steel.
                              I have no garage. :(

Not really a deal breaker for me, as I just do work at my parent's place. Dad has a lift, etc. All my tools are there too.

I do have plans on throwing a garage up in a few years.

The thing I love about this house is all it needs is updating. Appliances, counters, heating, AC. Do that work and, if the market it right, sell it in 5 to 10 years.

Comment

Congrats man.

We are going to look at a place tomorrow. 1760 Sq/Ft detached big 2 car garage with a shit house in it, Couple of decent out buildings. 20ac backing up to Forest Service on 2 sides, end of the road parcel, 2 neighbors with no more splits to be made along the shared drive way.
                                Originally posted by Fusion
                                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                                William Pitt-

Comment

Working...
                                X