No announcement yet.

(Now build thread) Norcal new e30 member introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to R3v, you will have lots of good info and people here. I am in the Bay too, hope to meet you at one of the meets sometime.
    Owner - Bavarian Restoration
    BMW and European Electronics Repair and Restoration
    www.BavRest.com
    My Feedback Thread
    Our Facebook!
    Follow our Instagram!

Comment

Teaser: Purchased new wheels and tires last week. Determined to get 16x8 et25 to fit on the front without spacers I ended up grinding some of the front caliper bracket. Now trying to decide if I want to get 15mm spacers in the rear to help them sit similarly to the front...

I'll have more pictures up soon
      Last edited by dadsbmw; 06-16-2015, 09:08 AM.
      2003 Z4 3.0 6-speed- Silver, 19's, daily driver
      1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
      1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

You should get some a euro grilles. Would set off the car nicely
        SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
        IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
        BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Nice wheels!ESM's?
          Instagram:@e30_henry :D

Comment

Eurogrilles are on the list, however not all that close to the top.

The wheels are Emortal... did a lot of searching and looking and liked them the best. I'll take some better pictures later and show why.
            1990 Silver 325i- Lowered on H&R OE Sports, e90 drop hats, KYB shocks, color matched rocker panels, 16" Emortal RS wheels on 205/50/16 tires... Currently getting a full refresh including an S52 swap!
            1997 Black Ford Probe GT- Stripped to 2220lbs, MS3X, Forged motor in midst of assembly... Dyno results and 1/4 mile times pending

Comment

Alright, so more pictures as promised.

First of the wheels. As stated earlier, they are Emortal 16x8 et25 RS knockoff's. There are a few reasons why I chose these wheels in particular...

The first is that the spokes seem to be slightly thicker and have less curvature than a lot of RS styles, be they replica or genuine. The Second is that a lot of the replicas have a center cap that is secured with an alley key, which looks completely out of place. These have a center nut that screws into the wheel to hold the face of the center cap in place.

The last reason is the lack of concavity in the face of the wheels. When I went to the shop to buy them I noticed that a lot of the other versions all had slight to extreme concavity that looks strange at an angle... these are basically completely flat.

On to the installed pics...

And lastly a question. The wheels came with center cap emblems and I bought some emblems from the dealership as well. I definitely like the idea of the BMW caps best, but upon comparing them I actually quite like the coloring of the Emortal caps... Opinions?

Comment

The car looks awesome bro! Keep it up! I keep seeing all this motiviation to paint mine sterling!

By chance, do you have any idea of the OD on the center cap? Shoot me a pm when you get a chance!
                Our RestoMod Diary!

El Mustache De La Resistance!

Comment

Working...
                X