No announcement yet.

Smart Guns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ANY security device can be defeated given enough time. Stealing prints? lol. This isn't mission impossible, what would make it worth the effort over a gun?
    This is to prevent accidents and to prevent you from getting shot by your own weapon in a scuffle. And should deter the average crackhead that's just looking for shit to pawn.

Something that has to be programmed like this, there's no reason you can't also have your wife's prints or whatever enable it too. But the situation of home invasion and the gun being locked away in a safe and all that, you'd think biometric unlock would be quicker than dealing with keys/combo?? Especially while in panic mode. That is a lot of time.

Also, your girl should learn to drive a manual. It's not a security lockout device to most people. :)
    sigpic
    Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
    If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

There are safes that work on bio metrics for access and they are not that much money, though they dont work well when the battery goes flat and or your hands are all sweaty or covered in someone you care about or your own blood. Why would you think the finger print pads on a grip of a fire arm would work any better??? Especially if you cant get a full traditional grip on the weapon, or you have been compromised in some way. Stupid idea is stupid.

Next with a weapon for self defense you want SIMPLICITY and RELIABILITY and those things are of equal importance. Even with the 100's of years of honing the design of the firearm, reliability is very very good but things still can and do fail. When your life is on the line you want that weapon to go BANG when you want it too NO MATTER WHAT, you want to just point and press and thats it. When your under stress and a massive adrenalin dump your critical thinking and problem solving are the 1st things to go when your running on pure survival instinct. You can very easily forget to disengage the modern simple manual primary safety.

You dont want to be going about adding all kinds of user only firing pin interlocks run with magic and wizardry for something your going to entrust your life to solely for life and death situations. Its a great way to get your self killed, and the point of having a weapon is nearly negated in one fell swoop. Not to mention this James Bond like tech is still 10 years away for practical REAL world applications.

As to the standard trans not being a theft deterrent, your dead wrong, 90% of the population has no clue how to even make a car with 3 pedals move let alone actually drive it.

Carjackers are lame. Carjackers who can't figure out how to drive a manual are even more lame. An employee of a Kansas software company was approached by someone with a shotgun who was looking to borrow the victim's Chevy Camaro. Our would-be carjacker fled the scene after finding that his new ride had a third pedal. This marauder strikes me as someone who's poorly trained for his chosen profession, so hopefully he finds a career change in the future. I figure there's probably a position

Those are just a few of the many news stories about failed car jacking's because the idiots doing the jacking cant drive a stick
      Last edited by mrsleeve; 04-24-2013, 02:52 PM.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

As a person, who does not own a gun, never shot a gun, and has no inspiration to do either. I wish gun safety and scientific sex ed were mandatory taught in 6th grade. While I have adult common sense when it comes to a gun; I for one know that my child doesn't. While I can't prevent the sky from falling on my child, I would like my child to be educated on the risks, dangers, and actions of a gun. I'm not looking for NRA propaganda or hippy fear mongering education; just common sense.....

Unfortunately common sense isn't common and of course too many feathers would be riled!
        1985 BMW 325e
        1997 BMW M3/4/5
        2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

This is retarded. That would mean I couldn't shoot my friends pistol at the range.

More gun laws will not reduce crime.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
            I wish gun safety and scientific sex ed were mandatory taught in 6th grade.
            lulz
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

So wait....

...are we going to confiscate all old guns and replace them with these new guns?

Even the criminal's guns, so every gun in the US will be a "smart" gun?

Dumb idea is dumb. It's not the gun that's the problem, it's the people. Saw it on page one...people need to be taught the value of human life. Also we need more people in the loony bin and not out on the streets on prescription meds that they rely on to keep sane. But no, everyone is equal.
              1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                So wait....

...are we going to confiscate all old guns and replace them with these new guns?

Even the criminal's guns, so every gun in the US will be a "smart" gun?

Dumb idea is dumb. It's not the gun that's the problem, it's the people. Saw it on page one...people need to be taught the value of human life. Also we need more people in the loony bin and not out on the streets on prescription meds that they rely on to keep sane. But no, everyone is equal.
                no
                no
                yes

From a legislation perspective it's stupid to try to actually implement. and yes, of course it won't "fix" anything. It's a precaution.

But if it works reliably then it's smart to use for most people. Like i said i don't think fingerprint method will work but that isn't the argument here. The assumption from the first post is that it's accurate and works reliably. We aren't there yet.
                Arguments about it being unreliable or being too complex to use are sidestepping the point here.

Cops and other personnel who are issued a gun and are responsible for each round it fires should be particularly willing to support this tech. But you can't MAKE people use it if they don't want to.
                sigpic
                Originally posted by u3b3rg33k
                If you ever sell that car, tell me first. I want to be the first to not be able to afford it.

Comment

Working...
                X