Tails, Help me decide!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tails, Help me decide!

Im doing few little projects to my newest garage member this upcoming weekend and one of them will be smoking/painting tails.. Im not sure which way to go so i pchoped few options for you to help me decide what to do..

Car

Tails
    16.36%
    1.82%
    10.91%
    54.55%
    #5/Blank
    10.91%
    #3 with smoked red area! not pictured
    5.45%
    Garage:
    '01 S4 Avant
    '98 Golf VR
    '88 325is

#2 & 3 aren't gonna happen unless you have mhw's
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

whats "mhw's"
      Garage:
      '01 S4 Avant
      '98 Golf VR
      '88 325is

Comment

A cleaner looking #2

If you find a way to desaturate your stock tails then I guess you could do it.
        ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

#2 , Its pretty easy to do just tape off everything that you don't want black and spray away, then smoke the rest to match. I've done about 4 sets in that style.

7speedshop.com

Comment

MHW=

Comment

Originally posted by kamotors View Post
              #2 , Its pretty easy to do just tape off everything that you don't want black and spray away, then smoke the rest to match. I've done about 4 sets in that style.
              Is one of those sets on your avatar? because thats exactly what I mean by option #6
              Garage:
              '01 S4 Avant
              '98 Golf VR
              '88 325is

Comment

Originally posted by DzeticVR View Post
                Is one of those sets on your avatar? because thats exactly what I mean by option #6
                yes, but I made that set super glossy and polished:), if you don't wet sand them or polish them they will look a little different.

7speedshop.com

Comment

I vote for #MHW.

:D
                  - Trey

E90 325i/6 (ZSP, ZPP, ZCW)
                  E36 325i sedan
                  E30 325i sedan
                  Volvo 945T

Comment

I have number 5 in my car but the reverse light isnt as smoked

89 325i S50/ZF E36 M3/TI 5lug Style 32s

My feedback Thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=219113

Comment

I don't like any of those. I don't like all-red late model tails either, it's just too much red. Reminds me of a late 90's volvo or one of those horrible bug-eyed GM products.

MHW ftw..
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

4 is by far the best. but try and do one pic where the indicator is yellow the whole center section is dark and the rest is red. i saw it in another thread on a red car and it looked tits. ill try and find it.

edit:
                        here we go. i think it looks kinda cool. but i would leave the yellow section all yellow.
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I like #4
                          -Andy

Comment

@IRON-E30 aka Edwin:D

Comment

well, i guess this at least narrowed my choices a notch.. its down to #4 and #6(mhw's).. then again i have smoked smileys i dont know how all red tails gonna align with that. it might provide a little too much stance! what u think?
                              Garage:
                              '01 S4 Avant
                              '98 Golf VR
                              '88 325is

Comment

Working...
                              X