lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikeday View Post
    Who cares about the fulcrum at the spring perch... we're talking about measuring from each end... Its not like he said crank your coil adjuster up precisely 12mm and see what happens, everything has been referenced by the height of the body and comparing it to the subframe.

Try your drawing again. The wheel is a fixed point, the only variable is the subframe height. Its actually exactly like picking the car up 12mm.
    The wheel is not the fixed point in the drawing, the spring is. I only drew the wheel to represent the parts. The end of the red/green and blue lines are the wheel to TAB centers, and are there to represent the angle of the trailing arm in relation to the body. You have to care about the spring being the fulcrum. When you change the pivot in relation to the chassis/upper spring perch, it's NOT like picking the entire car up, because when you raise ONLY the sub-frame, the spring perch stays the same in relation to the body. When you raise the pivots, the angle of the trailing arm changes MORE than the natural swing of the trailing arm.

Until someone can produce facts/drawings/formulas, it's assumption.
    john@m20guru.com
    Links:
    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

All I have to say, is that I installed these this weekend and it worked really well! I had about -4 deg camber on each side and while I have no official measurements for the rear, they are near parallel to my front wheels which are around -1.5. Great product.

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
        The wheel is not the fixed point in the drawing, the spring is. I only drew the wheel to represent the parts. The end of the red/green and blue lines are the wheel to TAB centers, and are there to represent the angle of the trailing arm in relation to the body. You have to care about the spring being the fulcrum. When you change the pivot in relation to the chassis/upper spring perch, it's NOT like picking the entire car up, because when you raise ONLY the sub-frame, the spring perch stays the same in relation to the body. When you raise the pivots, the angle of the trailing arm changes MORE than the natural swing of the trailing arm.

Until someone can produce facts/drawings/formulas, it's assumption.

I know what you trying to convey, but your making it way more difficult than it needs to be. For the purpose of this discussion the spring does not need to exist.

Think of it this way, we took the springs out with the car on a lift and are cycling the suspension (common practice in the offroad world where geometry is actually complicated) If we cycle it through its limits you can measure the camber change. The camber change will be the same in relation to the subframe every time, all the time. So, if you raise the subframe up into the car or raise the car it makes no difference, the subframe and trailing arm relation hasn't changed.

We aren't arguing that it does or doesn't change camber, just that 4.5 degrees cant be right.

You keep going by the assumption that people on here will keep the springs the same.. This is R3V here, everyone will just crank the adjusters down until the wheel gap is back to how it was..

Comment

Are you saying this possibly can't be 4 degrees difference?

john@m20guru.com
          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
            All I have to say, is that I installed these this weekend and it worked really well! I had about -4 deg camber on each side and while I have no official measurements for the rear, they are near parallel to my front wheels which are around -1.5. Great product.
            Nice, glad you're happy. :) Let us know if you get the chance to take the car to an alignment shop.

Comment

Originally posted by gkurey View Post
              What suspension setup are you running? How low is the car?

Comment

great parts from these guys!
                95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Originally posted by mulletman View Post
                  What suspension setup are you running? How low is the car?
                  Damn you are lazy, he has his build thread in his signature. He is running BC coilovers.
                  ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
                    Damn you are lazy, he has his build thread in his signature. He is running BC coilovers.
                    I saw that... but the fact that someone has height-adjustable coil-overs doesn't really answer the question of how low the car is...

;)

Comment

Originally posted by E30SPDFRK View Post
                      4-4.5*!? Do you have a before and after alignment sheet proving that? That's a huge reduction from just 12mm

-2.4* on an alignment rack after install is confirmed. .1 degree different than my measurement.
                      john@m20guru.com
                      Links:

Comment

I'm just surprised that little discussion didn't get in to name calling and other vulgarities. That's pretty impressive for R3v.

p.s. I'm looking into running just about all of condor's bushings/mounts in my car. awaiting reply email
                        1989 JDM-Tech 2
                        2010 335 D for daily

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post
                          I'm just surprised that little discussion didn't get in to name calling and other vulgarities. That's pretty impressive for R3v.

p.s. I'm looking into running just about all of condor's bushings/mounts in my car. awaiting reply email

You will not be disappointed...
                          john@m20guru.com
                          Links:

Comment

Originally posted by Simple_Smith View Post

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
                            You will not be disappointed...
                            X2 on this^

I'm in the process of converting our 2nd E30 to full Condor cause the first one impressed us Soo Much!
                            One of the best things you can do for yourself as much as for your ride..

Nothing but Happy! :up:
                            https://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar...re-irs.356333/

This Forum is built on love, and powered by Sexual Tension!

When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Comment

THanKS GUYS!

SIMPLE_SMITH, check your email ;)

Comment

although i have already bought a kit like this i always get caught up with how this works. why couldn't one just put spacers in? (under the stock bushing) i had tried this years ago when i originally lowered my car but it never "raised up" the sub-frame. it kinda just pushed the lower mount lower and make it harder to get the side bracket on.

so then is the top part of the mount shallower to let it sit higher? because from my experience- making it(the bushing) thicker on the bottom did not work. im assuming it a little of both but id like to see a stock mount in a side by side photo with the raiser ones. thanks
                                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                                Got Drop?? ;-)
                                Originally posted by JinormusJ
                                But of course
                                E30s are know to be notoriously really really really ridiculously good looking

Comment

Working...
                                X