FS: good condition 325iX roller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: good condition 325iX roller

#3 cylinder vales hit the piston and put a hole in the piston on the way into work. Car is currently sitting at Motorworks in Norwalk, CT. Read on if you are interested in doing an engine swap/rebuild on an otherwise great condition and somewhat rare E30.

Below are the details. Accepting any reasonable offer but starting at $2,000 based on feedback.

Bought the car two months after a very long search for a very specific car: red 5spd iX coupe with plastic bumpers. After a long search, I found one in upstate NY with low mileage and great condition. There is not a spec of rust on the car except near the battery.

The body and paint is in great condition but it has been repaired from a previous accident. Odometer has 125,000 on it but the gear is broken. Its more likely around 130,000.

The good:
    - great condition interior
    - paint and body work in great shape
    - 99.5% rust free. tiny spec under the battery tray. otherwise not a single spec on any panel or seam
    - crack free dash
    - awd works great, had both front cv's rebuilt 1kmi ago
    - clutch in very good shape
    - tires replaced 1kmi ago
    - heated seats!

The bad:
    - obvious motor problem which will need replacement/rebuild
    - some of the gauges dont work (oil, light behind speedo, tach is fine)
    - stock radio doesnt get any signal

I had really bought the car with very high hopes given its great condition of keeping it for a long time. It really drove like a dream for the few months I had it. I had no problems whatsoever till today. It's sad but I'm done with E30's for a while. Too many disappointments and heartache. I'm looking to offload the car as soon as possible. Purchased for $5,400 but obviously worth far less.

Please text 203.273.2259, email mbilaldinc@gmail.com or PM any questions or offers. I'd love to say "no lowballers" but unfortunately that's all I am expecting at this point.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dinkman94; 01-26-2015, 01:21 PM.

You should ad some interior pics!
    If i wasn't blowing all my money going turbo I'd make you a good offer looks really clean
    Glws!
    IG- nv_e30

Comment

Originally posted by gotaloveRWD View Post
      You should ad some interior pics!
      If i wasn't blowing all my money going turbo I'd make you a good offer looks really clean
      Glws!
      Its your run of the mill stock interior with black vinyl comfort seats and 4 spoke steering wheel. similar to another picture i found here: http://www.bimmerwerkz.com/forum/was...ics-12873.html

Seats and the rest of the interior are in great condition. Dash is crack free. New rhino floor mats. I will definitely post more when I can go back to the shop and take some though, thanks for the advice.

Would also be great if folks gave me an idea of what a reasonable offer is, via PM. Not sure how much is reasonable and fair to expect of a car in great shape but needs an engine swap.
      Thanks

Comment

Need a price or admin will hunt you down and...and..........

dlm ny country

Comment

Originally posted by dlmrun2002 View Post
          Need a price or admin will hunt you down and...and..........

dlm ny country
          fair enough, added
          thanks

Comment

Curious, hows the 5speed on it? smooth?
            Current:
            13 Mitsubishi Evo X
            91 BMW 325IX

Past:
            86 BMW 325es
            09 Subaru WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Imprezme View Post
              Curious, hows the 5speed on it? smooth?
              the clutch and transmission are in great shape. thanks

Comment

Adding some interior pics. they are not the best, the car is still on the lift, sorry
                Attached Files

Comment

and the only rust spot you are going to find on the car, under the battery tray
                  Attached Files

Comment

If you where closer I would definitely be picking this up. GLWS anyways, looks very clean!
                    2004 WRX: Krista

Soon to come 325i hopefully

Comment

Originally posted by Krista_The_WRX View Post
                      If you where closer I would definitely be picking this up. GLWS anyways, looks very clean!
                      Thank you, it is indeed very clean. Very sad but hopefully someone else can bring it back to life.

Comment

If I wasn't in the middle of an S50 swap, I'd be all over this one. GLWS!! Someone is going to get a steal of a deal.
                        87 'vert~~~~~~~89 s50~~~~~~~~~91 318i~~~~~~~~87 s50~~~~~~~~~R.I.P. '91 318i

I Need used SIR tools

Comment

I like this one. :) Great deal!
                          Plug and Play Wiring Harness Adapters for S54, S50, M54 and more.

Comment

deposit received

Comment

dammit

Originally posted by dinkman94 View Post
                              deposit received
                              Let me know what happened with. The storm distracted me and I missed this one.

Comment

Working...
                              X