Nicademus' 1986 325e Journal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray McCooney View Post
    Alright, scoring parts on the cheap from tweekers FTW.

Also liking the level of enthusiasm, now if we can just get you to post in the sub-forums directly

Keep it up.
    Yeah I tend to post a thread and then realized there is a better place for it. I'll get better ;)

Sewing Seats

So here are the pictures from sewing up 3 holes in my seat. One of them you probably won't see in the before because the threads lined up nicely and hid it. I'd also begun sewing up one of the holes and then came inside to take some before pictures for you guys.

BEFORE:

Notice the threading on the one hole in progress

How would you go about fixing this one? I was thinking of patching in some random black or grey fabric (I'll be replacing the seats or something eventually).

AFTER:

I'm pretty proud of the one closest to the right of the seat, but the other ones were a lot more far gone and the material was coming apart. What would you guys recommend for cleaning seats?

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
    ~ John Adams ~

Comment

Diving Board Removal:

Ok sooo this DB tuck job started out good. Figured "hey this will be easy"........well technically it was but the instructions were for an 88' so I got all confused, had the wrong mm socket and couldn't find the hole (thats what she said ;)). Anyways after some help I took it all off super fast (Link to thread about DB troubles). I then preceded to not listen to anyone and fantasized about installing my front plastic bumper cover without any other parts that go with it.........didn't work but I saw the future of my car which is nice :P

I also customized ;) my worn out roundel:

Well, posterity, you will never know what it cost us to preserve your freedom. I only hope that you will make a good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in heaven that I ever took half the pains to preserve it.
      ~ John Adams ~

Comment

keep up the good work man!
        -Pierre
        1987 535is
        1988 325is

Comment

Originally posted by e30nub View Post
          keep up the good work man!
          Thanks I appreciate it! If anyone has any houndstooth sports seats or something let me know.

*EDIT*

(I got tons of crap on my old lexus forum for double posting sooo now I have a phobia about it ;)) Anyways.......I'm BORED and should just go to sleep but I want to work on my car. Unfortunately it lives outside :( Poor thing has to stay out there, but I say its age discrimination. Why should the newer cars get to be inside? They're young and can take the elements better. Its an outrage!

I guess if I go to sleep now then I could get up really early and poke at the car before I have to work.......hmmm interesting idea?
          Last edited by Nicademus; 08-27-2008, 12:00 AM.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

OFF TOPIC:

My buddy Mark's 1991 E30 M3. He pokes around on here from time to time but never posts or anything. Apparently he has a life or something (lame, I see now that I didn't take any shots of the whole car):

~ John Adams ~

Comment

do you have a micheal's in Seatle? since it would be a temp job, i guess you could just get a close color and make a patch. Good job with your project, painting the grille makes it soo much better

Comment

For that bolster hole, I'd get a music-related patch or some other kind of cool patch to put over it. If it's not gonna match, might as well have something cool over it.
                . . .
                Erik

Comment

Nice work.

I have some black non-sport seats. The drivers side has the usual wear and tear. $50 for the driver and passenger side. Let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by danotakulus View Post
                    do you have a micheal's in Seatle? since it would be a temp job, i guess you could just get a close color and make a patch. Good job with your project, painting the grille makes it soo much better
                    Yeah we do have Micheal's up here. I'll have to go poke around in there.

Not sure sure a "music patch" would cover it, plus that's not really me. If I could use that cats face from my avatar as a patch I'd do that.

Originally posted by Gobig_us View Post
                    Nice work.

I have some black non-sport seats. The drivers side has the usual wear and tear. $50 for the driver and passenger side. Let me know.
                    No thanks, if I'm going to replace them I want to either go with sport seats or something equivalent or better. I like my Houndstooth :nice: I appreciate the offer though.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Got my title transferred and passed emission today. Also welded on a new cheapo muffler because the old one was a rust bucket.

~ John Adams ~

Comment

Yesterday I finally finished the tuck job on my front bumper. I had been driving around without one for about a week.

Today I installed an E36 E-brake handle. I also took apart an old E30 shift boot as well as an E36 boot and spliced them together to make a leather E30 boot. Hopefully it holds up. I ran out of super glue at the very end which was awesome... Looks good though.

I don't have work tomorrow so plans are to tuck the rear bumper and possibly purchase some new wheels, bilstein sports and shocks (I got paid last Friday ;))

~ John Adams ~

Comment

what is the blank button for??

Comment

Originally posted by another1bitesthedust View Post
                            what is the blank button for??
                            What do you mean?? Are you talking about this blank button? Its the foglights.

Here the pictures of the stuff I did this weekend. Oh yeah I also picked up some E36 window switches but I need some flat bezels for them I guess right???

Tuckage:

E36 Boot and E-brake handle:
                            FYI: I HATE that shift knob, but it came with the car. Anyone wanna help me out :D

~ John Adams ~

Comment

6th... wtf
                              -Alex

Comment

Nice progress!

Comment

Working...
                                X