No announcement yet.

Sand blasting!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use black diamond as an all purpose media. Works well with dry air. But dont screw around. Be safe and get a GOOD respirator as stated earlier
    We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
    www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Originally posted by rcsoundn1 View Post
      I heard sand can cause silica which is some lung shit that is long term?

Comment

I've heard of many people using playground sand. They filter it through a screen first, and while it might clog up sometimes, is worth the slight amount of hassle considering it's so cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by blunttech View Post
          I use black diamond as an all purpose media. Works well with dry air. But dont screw around. Be safe and get a GOOD respirator as stated earlier

What kind of respirator that you used it?
          Brand and type maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] 5 Lug kit with e46m3 front and e46 325/328i rear brake setup
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          [ETA - E30 Adapters] - 5 Lug kit | DTM Shifter | DSSR
          ---------------------------------------------------------------
          Transaction Feedback

Comment

Thanks for all the replies, I am looking for a media that's not to expensive. I'll check the black diamond

Comment

50 pounds of the finer sand is what I use, $12.50/bag (canadian). It's the smallest sand they stock over here, and while it takes a bit longer to cover an area, the result is much more thorough and I don't have to go over the area multiple times.

Comment

do you use a respirator? if so how serious is it?

Comment

get one of those cheap HF blast cabinets?
                  Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

You need to be using a HEPA rated filter for your mask. The filter itself will be purple or magenta in color that is the proper filter for silicate particulates. You should take it very serious, however depending in your age it might not be too serious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    I'm cooler in person.

Comment

Originally posted by NitroRustlerDriver View Post
                      I've heard of many people using playground sand. They filter it through a screen first, and while it might clog up sometimes, is worth the slight amount of hassle considering it's so cheap.
                      I have used play sand to blast small parts, just because I wasn't about to spend real money on media that was going to be all over my lawn in a few hours. It's cheap and works fine. Ran it though a screen as stated and make sure it doesn't get wet or even damp. Moisture makes it much harder to use.
                      '84 318i M10B18 147- Safari Beige
                      NA: 93whp/90ftlbs, MS2E w/ LC, 2-Step
                      Turbo: 221whp/214ftlbs, MS3x flex @ 17psi

Comment

I tried the sand for a brief min, and it was a headache. Aside from that whole permanent lung damage info....

Comment

Quartz blast media at home Depot is $8 for 100 lbs. It hasn't clogged on me yet with the HF hopper. Even screened and dried playground sand was awful; never even got a steady stream.
                          Turbo M50 4 Door Build thread here 4 Sale thread

Comment

:firehop:off to HD i gooo

Comment

sux none of the box store have any media that I have been to

Comment

dont blast sand, it causes silicosis. which is very serious. i blast soda which seems safe(it wont harm your body if ingested) and is really nice only downside is not very strong. If the blasting job is tough then just put up the $$ to buy a blasting media which wont give you very harmful ailments if you inhale some particles which is likely whenever you blast!

Comment

Working...
                                X