Hunting for obscure part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting for obscure part number

As the title indicates, I am hunting for an obscure part number. Years ago, a previous owner rebuilt this engine after it went for a little swim. I am speculating here, but it seems that I am missing a lot of little bits that keep things where they should be. While I have fixed many over the years, I just found another issue.

1990 325ix M20. I am looking to find what I am guessing to be a rubber piece that connects the air cleaner housing to the wheel well. The air filter housing has a plastic tab sticking out of the drivers side of the unit and there is a metal U shaped tab sticking out of the driver side wheel well. What is the part number for the piece that connects the two? My problem appears to be that the airbox is sitting too low and has been crimping the coolant hose below. It has created a soft spot, so the hose will need to be replaced. I just want to avoid a problem in the future.

Along the same line, does anyone know what part number 4 is in this RealOEM page below? It looks to be some sort of rubber spacer that the air cleaner sits upon. I have never seen one of these in practice. Does anyone know what this is and what it does and do they have one?

I purchased the rubber piece recently from the dealer...it has a groove on the underside that fits over the welded edge of the frame member directly below the air box. It corrects the problem of the airbox sitting too low. Cost about $15.

Comment

Got it.... so it is the same part as above, but it just doesn't look accurate in the pic.

Thanks!

Comment

89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

The caterpillar thing is the second of the two ecstuning parts shown above.

Comment

Working...
          X