Megasquirt wasted spark help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Megasquirt wasted spark help

I recently installed my wasted spark system and I'm running into some issues. I followed this write up and I'm not having any luck.

I used the same GM 3 coil baseplate and wired it accordingly but I cannot get any spark from any of the coils. I pulled the coils off and checked what I have at each pin on the baseplate. Each coil has a constant (acc) power supply at one pin and an intermittent positive (5V I believe) signal at the other pin during cranking. I think this is correct but I'm not getting spark at any of the plugs. I can't believe that all three coils would have somehow burned out but what else could be the problem??

Bump
    10 bucks to whoever can help me get this worked out haha

Comment

You actually could have burned the coils if you did not fuse them
      and reversed the spark output polarity in TS.
      Check the fuse?

If the settings are right, wiring right, then it should be right and just start up, right?

Comment

Post your TS settings.

'89 535i/5 Holset WH1E turbo
        Follow my m106 megasquirt build thread: http://forums.bimmerforums.com/forum...Squirt-content

Comment

Thanks guys I've got it running now. I am running the quadspark coil ignitor from diyautotune and I had it grounded to the strut tower, moved the ground to the head and it sparks now. Now I'm running into misfires on cylinder 2 and 5. If I swap around the coils the misfire stays in the same place so the coil isn't the problem. I've also checked plug wires and swapped the B coil ignitor to the empty slot D on the quadspark but the problem continues. Any ideas?

Comment

Do you need quad spark for the GM coils? I was under the impression that MS puts out 5v and GM coils just need a 5v trigger. I'm having the exact same problem right now. I'm going to install a grounding kit tonight just to rule out the grounds. Also what MS you running?

Comment

Working...
            X