Salt City Euros - E30 Touring, S50 engine swap is in and running! Posted 6/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AwakenNoMore View Post
    Just watched, good stuff. Did you guys pick up another touring? Is that what I'm seeing at the end of this one?
    Yeah I brought another one over that my brother in law found me over there. We won't really be using that one much for the show though...probably just clean it, use it for a little footage, then sell it to try to fund the show.

Comment

Hey everyone, Episode 6 is up and running. (Episode 5 was a new project car introduction hence the "Skip" in Episode numbers.

E30 Touring - S50B30 Engine swap prep

Comment

Nice - just subscribed.

And yes, you can roll an E30. Though it does take some doing - and laps at Pacific Raceways!

But seriously - which company did you guys use to import? Only curious, because a buddy of mine is going to be in Germany later this summer and we are thinking about finding a couple clean cars to bring back home..
        1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
        2016 Ford Flex
        2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by Styleprojekt View Post
          Hey everyone, Episode 6 is up and running. (Episode 5 was a new project car introduction hence the "Skip" in Episode numbers.

E30 Touring - S50B30 Engine swap prep
          solid.

p.s. those wrapped manifolds in the trunk of the sedan are S52, not S50.
          cars beep boop

Comment

Thanks for the videos! Especially the S50 part one, I am about to pull my M20 in favor of an S54 and that vid definitely helps!
            Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Hey guys we just released part 2 of the engine swap. I know there are countless things we should have done while we were in there, but we were trying to show just a straight forward swap for educational purposes and to help those that may not be familar with the whole process. Plenty more upgrades to be done on the car. Enjoy!

Touring S50 Swap pt2

Comment

Watched when I got home from work this morning. Well shot and informative while being entertaining. Stay awesome.
                1991 325i - "Scambles" The Daily Driven lightly modded.
                1988 Mazda RX-7 TII "Mako" The Free Dorito
                bacon by Jared Laabs, on Flickr

Comment

Just watched through all the episodes. I like it, I even find myself learning a few things! Only thing I would fix is the audio. At least for me the music volume is much louder than the voice volume.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Quality work guys, one of the better car shows on youtube, and the fact that you are doing e30's is perfect to me. I am currently in the midst of an engine swap on my e30, picked up a nice tip from you guys regarding the shift linkage, so thanks!

Comment

Great episode. I dont usually like to many of the Youtube shows but yours is cool and down to earth. Keep up the good work.
                      Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

I'm surprised you kept the G240! Curious to see how long it lasts hehe.

Have been keeping up with you guys since your first episode... really enjoying it :up:
                        IG: deniso_nsi Leave me feedback here

Comment

Originally posted by dude8383 View Post
                          I'm surprised you kept the G240! Curious to see how long it lasts hehe.

Have been keeping up with you guys since your first episode... really enjoying it :up:
                          Yeah we kept it just for the sake of simplicity since not everyone has the luxury of buying the transmission along with the engine. Plus we had all the components laying around to make it work. We also didn't want to "overspend" or over complicate the swap to those who may be less familiar with it. When we take the car back out to the track, we will record a time. Then the next "Mod" will be installing the Upgraded Flywheel/Clutch/PP along with the ZF Tranny we have. So its not a real performance mod so to say, but it will probably we a nice transformation and make the car/engine "Proper".

Comment

Great work, really enjoying it.
                            If I were to ever do a swap, your videos will be the ones to watch.

Which one are you, or do both of you guys log-in as Styleprojekt?

Keep the videos coming.

Oh yes, Love the humour.
                            1990 325i
                            2004 330i Individual 6-speed
                            sigpic

Comment

Just finished part 2. Keep em coming!

Comment

Excellent content SCE, SUBSCRIBED!

Comment

Working...
                                X