August 2021 Car of the Month: Staszek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

August 2021 Car of the Month: Staszek

Editors Note: ***I've been wanting to feature Stans car for quite some time now, and I think we can all agree it was worth the wait. The timing almost worked out perfectly but I dont think any of you will care that we're a few days late. The story behind the car is my favorite. I should've done the same with my wife, but with 5 years done already I will have to ask in 2026 for a 10th anniversary gift haha... Back to this car. Is this not what we all dream of when given the option of a build your dream E30!?... It certainly would be mine. Congrats Staszek, you're the August 2021 Car of the Month for R3V!***

Car as delivered:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	1226
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	10027056

Engine modifications:
    1. E46 M3 S54 Swap.
    2. Arc Asylum Pan and Subframe
    3. Andrew S54 harness
    4. Engine was fully refreshed
    5. Z3M radiator
    6. E30 M3 Coolant tank
    7. E46 M3 AC Compressor and converted R134a coolant
    8. 2 Electric pusher and puller fans
    9. New M20 oil cooler and E36 trans cooler
    10. E28 5 series Engine mounts
    Exhaust:
    1. Status Gruppe Headers
    2. E46 M3 Section 1- Dual 2.25 with N54 Cats
    3. Magnaflow Xpipe after cats
    4. E36 M3 Exhaust
    Transmission: Getrag 420G 6 speed Manual

Differential:
    1. 3.46 LSD
    2. New OE Half Shafts
    Suspension:
    1. H&R Sport Springs
    2. Koni Adjustable shocks
    3. E30 M3 front swaybar
    4. E30 Convertible Rear Sway Bar
    5. Garagistic Reinforced rear subframe and trailing arms
    6. E46 ZHP Steering Rack E36 Tie Rods
    7. All new OE bushings throughout including subframe
    Brakes:
    1. Wilwood front and rear 310mm kit
    2. 944 Booster
    3. E30 Master
    Wheels: Custom 17x7.5 4x100 BBS RC with Super RS Converted metal waffles Ehrlich Wheel Works

Exterior modifications:
    1. Full Alpine White II repaint doors off and window out with OE Mtech II kit and rear spoiler installed, any rust removed and repaired.
    2. Euro Grills
    3. OE Hella Smiley Headlights with LED bulbs
    4. Refurbish OE Fogs with new Glass and Seals
    5. M3 Antenna added to roof and OE antenna removed and sealed off
    6. Taillights refinished red and slight tint
    7. Euro rear plate filler
    8. New mirror glass
    9. All new seals and badges

Interior modifications: Full restoration.
    1. OE new material dash
    2. OE new black carpet
    3. OE M3 Front and Rear Seats refurbished with new Schwartz leather and contrast red stitching and new shocks
    4. Door Panels and center console refurbished with new Schwartz leather and contrast red stitching.
    5. Gauge cluster completely refurbed, upgraded lighting installed, 8k Tach added as well as stealth oil temp and voltmeter.
    6. Restored all wiring back to stock to remove old aftermarket stereo equipment and alarm.
    7. CM5908 radio with Cantaloupe Bluetooth board and OE Amp.
    8. Brand-new premium speakers and sail tweeters
    9. Added 10” powered sub in trunk to round out OE system.
    10. Alarm added for remote unlocking
    11. OE Mtech Door Sills
    12. Removed Airbag wheel and all airbag equipment replace with Mtech 2 370mm Steering wheel.
    13. New OBD 13 button installed with LED lighting replaced
    14. All buttons replaced with new OE version
    Story behind the car:

So this story goes way back, I am not officially an OG on the site although I have been on here since 2006 planning forever to get back into the E30 world with a new project, it wasn’t until 2015 that I got around to actually making this project a reality.

Started with a joke that I made with my then fiancé now wife about an engagement gift. Supposedly the new thing is since men spend so much on an engagement ring the female buys the guy a engagement gift to balance it out. A friend of ours did It and bought her husband a watch. I jokingly told my fiancé if you are going to get me something buy me an E30.

She was like ok, find one, I almost fell on the floor, so the search began. I always wanted an alpine white MT2, really hard to find at the time, we didn’t want to spend more than $3000 which seems like nothing these days, but it was a lot for a broken down E30 in 2015.

I did a ton of searching on boards, ebay, autotrader and finally found one on craigslist, a 1990 Alpine White II 325is. Knowing what I know now maybe I would have restored the IS back to original status it would be worth more, but I don’t regret my project.

The car was in Lafayette Indiana, it looked in ok shape from the pics and it ran and drove. When I got down there it was not quite in the same shape as the pics. It did drive and didn’t have any major visible rust so it was good enough for me since I planned on gutting it anyway.

I made the drive from Indiana to Chicago, a bit over 100 miles of which I couldn’t go much over 55 because the car shook awfully. The car fell apart almost immediately, the next day I went to start it and a gas line ruptured spilling fuel all over the place. That was just the beginning, the car was full of surprises from rear brakes pins missing, coolant in the oil and weird wiring issues.

When I first bought the car I figured I would clean it up a bit and do an S52 swap and call it a day. Well as I kept reading threads and getting ideas of what I wanted to do I ended up going full tilt on a restomod.

Out was the S52 in with an S54. Instead of cleaning up the interior full rebuilt. There basically isn’t a bolt I haven’t touched on this car. My end state goal became building an E30 that was as close to showroom as I could with a lot more power, I guess you could call it OEM+.

So after a wedding, 3 moves a baby and 6 years later I finally have my Alpine White Mtech II E30. Longer than I wanted it to take but I am super excited with the output and looking forward to putting some miles on this finished project and I am honored to have the COTM!

Cars build thread is here

The good ol days!

And now the madness!

Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Thanks, Simon, I am honored, sorry it took so long, there were times I thought I would never finish!
    Euro Delivery Thread///E30 Project Klaus///COTM August 2021

Comment

Well executed! Congratulations 👌🏾 Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=316212

BMWCCA #398608
      IG @yagayo38

"The Best E30's were built with two camshafts four cylinders and sixteen valves!".

Comment

Hell yes! One of my favorite cars and threads on the site. Congrats, it came out so well!
        '86 325e Zinnoberrot /// '02 325ci Schwarz II /// '18 M4 Azurite Black Metallic ///

Albie325 Build Thread | Albie325 COTM Jan 2021

Comment

Very nice! Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Albie325 View Post
            Hell yes! One of my favorite cars and threads on the site. Congrats, it came out so well!
            Thanks man, huge compliment coming from you, your car awesome!

Comment

Nice job! Love the tasteful upgrades
              R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
              └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Fantastic. Congrats!

Comment

wow!!! tastefully done restomod!

Comment

Thanks! I have gotten more offers to sell it already than I had when my last car was actually for sale lol. Not selling (unless someone backs a truckload of cash up to my house that I cant refuse). I want to enjoy it for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Staszek View Post
                      Thanks! I have gotten more offers to sell it already than I had when my last car was actually for sale lol. Not selling (unless someone backs a truckload of cash up to my house that I cant refuse). I want to enjoy it for a while.
                      I bid two Subaru Baja beds full of pennies.

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post

I bid two Subaru Baja beds full of pennies.
                        Make it a Subaru Brat and you have a deal!

Comment

Well done on the car of the month! I've always enjoyed following the progress on your build thread & great back story with the engagement gift.

Hmmm, wonder if I can get my wife to agree to a 20th anniversary present along similar lines?!
                          My e30: OEM+ with M30B35

Comment

Looking great, just needs a proper backdrop in the photos. :)

I was up above it, Now I'm down in it ~ Entropy - A Build thread.
                            @Zakspeed_US

Comment

Originally posted by moatilliatta View Post
                              Looking great, just needs a proper backdrop in the photos. :)
                              Hopefully the next one will keep that in mind ;)
                              Simon
                              Current Cars:
                              -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                              X