FS: M42 + all goodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: M42 + all goodies

Yup, I wrecked the car a few weeks ago. The engine is still intact as far as I can tell. It starts up anyway, and has no visible extensive damage other than one of the mount spars being snapped. I will be stripping the car this coming weekend & will have more detail then.

The engine is all-stock internally. I recently rebuilt the timing case, and the thermostat, water pump & the belts are relatively new. There are just under 150,000 miles on it, and was still running strong before I smashed the passenger side of the car in on a tree. When I compression checked it a year ago, it read 205-210psi across all cylinders.

This sale includes: long-block engine, Motronic ECU, harness, tranny, fusebox/relays if needed, and engine mounts-for an additional $40 (I recently put on some E28 535i solid rubber ones).

Optionally, I will sell the M20 (stock M20 flywheel) clutch/flywheel conversion that is on it for an additional $300 (parts cost more, and the labor was...not something you want to have to do to get it to fit). It has under 4000 miles on it. I plan on buying another M42 car, and putting the asme clutch/flywheel on it, so I will either use this one or have to buy another setup.

So, make me an offer. The engine is in San Jose, CA, and no, I do not want to try to ship it. If you pay 100% of the pickup/shipping costs, then OK, but that would be a LOT (a good 350lbs of stuff to ship). The sale would be FINAL, and I would prefer the buyer to check out the engine before buying. Cash or personal check is preferred, but PayPal can be arranged given that the buyer picks up the fee (what can I say, I am a college student in need of funds for another E30).

Transaction Feedback: LINK

what headlights did you have on it. Also do you have any pics of the car?
    ///Alpinweiß II 24v 91' 318is, Alpinweiß III 99' 323i, 04' Yamaha R6 SE for sale, 00' VW GTi, 83' El Camino BURNED, 01' P71sold, 92' Miatasold

Comment

I had the non-smiley Euro Ellipsoids on it. I MIGHT be willing to let them go for like $250-300. One of the adjsutment tabs broke loose on one of the high beams, but should be easily fixable. I think it is a 22cent part at the dealer.

Comment

Cleared...
        Last edited by bmwman91; 10-16-2020, 11:56 AM.

Comment

What you want for the head? Also, what for the drive shaft?

Comment

Oh yeah, and I'd like the left control arm. Also, did you have a JC chip in it? I'd also like that. Can you just reply to my email @ jameshkent@myself.com its easier.

Comment

how much for the blistein shocks(will they work on a 86' 325?) also how much for the strut braces
              '86 325

Comment

I suppose I should have mentioned...the mods are not for sale. They will go on the next E30 M42 car I get. If I somehow do not get one then I will post a for sale thread for the mods. Sorry guys.

Comment

Okay, well what for head, driveshaft, and left control arm (only if it isn't bent).

Comment

Well, it looks like I am sellig the engine as a whole, so no head.

The driveshaft...$250. You need the center support bearing too?

Front Control Arm...$60

Comment

Working...
                    X