No announcement yet.

EDIT: clutch STILL dosnt work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK I bought a new clutch master cylinder, now that I'm replacing it do I have to bleed my breaks all over again??
    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Bump, I'm gonna try a power bleeder to suck the fluid out

Comment

I have always pushed fluid into the slave bleeder from the bottom until it started going into the res.
        Tighten the bleeder and then your done.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I did this about 15 times. No go I'm gonna try the power bleeder and suck it through

Comment

Bleeding the clutch really isn't hard. You do not need a power bleeder. I replaced my lines, master and and slave cylinders and bled them manually (wife was pushing the clutch). If you keep the reservoir full above the clutch line outlet, most of the air will bubble up and out of the system. I had the slave cylinder off of the tranny and pushed the plunger all the way in by hand a few times and that really pushed out a ton of air. Remember, NEVER push the clutch with the slave cylinder out of the tranny as that will force the piston right out. Once you push the piston in by hand a few times and air stops coming out, reinstall it. Make sure that the piston/plunger is actually engaging the release fork (should have to hold the SS in place to get the bolts on while it tries to push itself back out). Then have a buddy get in the car and operate the clutch while you deal with the bleed screw on the SS.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

i understand how to bleed the clutch and I have tried it manually and from the bottom the problem is that I don't know why all of this isn't working. I have yet to try to take the ss out and push the little piston with my hand. I will try that tomorrow.

I really appreciate the info, thanks.
              I will update this tomorrow at some point.

Comment

Bump

I can see the slave piston moving in and out about a inch. Is that normal or should it be more. Still won't go into gear.

Also how much play should the slave piston have ? It moves a lot in a circular motion.

Comment

Update: the clutch was stuck to the fly wheel from sitting for a few weeks. That's why it wouldn't disengage.

I just put it up on the lift, put it in first and started it, then stopped on the breaks. I'm all good now thanks for the help guys.

Comment

Working...
                  X