Washington gets rid of sexist words.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Washington gets rid of sexist words.

On a scale of 1 to full-fledged-fucking-retard, how far have they gone?

In Washington state, the word "freshman" is out. And "first-year student" is in. In total, 40,000 words have been changed as part of an effort to rid state statutes of gender-biased language.

In Washington state, the word "freshman" is out. And "first-year student" is in. In total, 40,000 words have been changed as part of an effort to rid state statutes of gender-biased language. The bill, signed into law earlier in the year by Democratic Gov. Jay Inslee, went into effect this week. And it was no [...]

IMO: if they solved their homeless problems, are running a surplus budget in the +10 million range, high school drop outs have been eliminated, and they're providing only organic foods for the price of fast food, they have no business wasting time with shit like this.

Who the fuck is ACTUALLY offended by the word freshman? Who? Anybody?
    And that begs the question; do we actually give a shit about people that are offended by stuff like this? Does their opinion even really matter?
    2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

The PC thing is going to kill us all

You have no rights to NOT be offended. Somewhere sometime your going to get offended and you need to learn to deal with it.

In fact I am offended that the state of WA is doing this to try to not offend me
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Get ready for the separating of the genders by changing the names to "Man" and "Woperson"
      Originally posted by codyep3
      I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
      2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
      1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
      1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
      2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
      2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
      2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
      2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
      2010 F650gs twin
      2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

I love my state, but the state-level politics here are getting ridiculous
        '84 Alpine 325e (Gone)
        '91 Alpine 318i (Gone) Click Here
        '92 Alpine 325i Cabrio (Gone) Click Here
        '91 Alpine 318is

Comment

I can understand removing "hateful" terms from legislation but this is just a waste of time.

I really would like to meed the people that carried this through and see what other genius ideas they have for bettering society...
          Swanny!
          SUCKERS.

Comment

Originally posted by Todd Black 88 View Post
            "Woperson"

Comment

Originally posted by Swanny View Post
              I really would like to meed the people that carried this through and see what other genius ideas they have for bettering society...
              Democratic state Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles

Comment

^That's a dude. What's he go against sexism?
                Originally posted by codyep3
                I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                2010 F650gs twin
                2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

[ATTACH]73568[/ATTACH]
                  Swanny!
                  SUCKERS.

Comment

The consequences of the great California exodus. Look at CO as well
                    Originally posted by Fusion
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

It's pretty much the same in western/central Europe as well... as if we didn't have any other problems.
                      aka denyo77

Originally posted by Andy.B
                      Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan... View Post
                        Democratic state Sen. Jeanne Kohl-Welles

What do you expect from a woman who wouldn't take her husbands name?

/sexism
                        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Making the world a better place, one day at a time. *nod*
                          ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)Be Afraid Of The Future

Comment

This is the garbage that gets pushed through in our current political system. Isn't there some way to get these asshats to be responsible to and to answer for the people they represent, not simply their own biased agendas?

Comment

Originally posted by Cephas View Post
                              This is the garbage that gets pushed through in our current political system. Isn't there some way to get these asshats to be responsible to and to answer for the people they represent, not simply their own biased agendas?
                              I think this has been going on for a while.

Clip from James Madison's wiki:

Madison was elected a second time to the Virginia House of Delegates, serving from 1784 to 1786 in the new years of independence. During these final years in the House of Delegates, Madison grew increasingly frustrated with what he saw as excessive democracy. He criticized the tendency for delegates to cater to the particular interests of their constituents, even if such interests were destructive to the state at large. In particular, he was troubled by a law that denied diplomatic immunity to ambassadors from other countries, and a law that legalized paper money.[21] He thought legislators should be "disinterested" and act in the interests of their state at large, even if this contradicted the wishes of constituents. This "excessive democracy," Madison grew to believe, was the cause of a larger social decay which he and others (such as Washington) believed had resumed after the revolution and was nearing a tipping point.
                              Seems like the same ole same ole.... going on for... Oh... about 229 years. I think it is a issue when you allow the majority of people to vote on things in the government... you know... a 'democracy'.

More people probably care about wopersons than about our financial situation, so that is what ends up getting voted on. In my state we just made abortions and pitbulls illegal and now require voter id's.

'The will of the people'.

Comment

Working...
                              X