No announcement yet.

Tenhulzen automotive Camber/caster/toe gauge group buy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gotcha, sounds like a pita. But worth it.

Comment

so, should we start sending in money etc?

Comment

We should probably wait a few more days since if one more person joins the cost will go down $5

Comment

bump for one more person then :)
          '12 F30 328i Sport Line
          '91 SpecE30 #523
          '00 Ford F-350 Dually Tow Vehicle

BMWCCA #360858 NASA #

Comment

alright i'll end it on friday, the fishing line should be here by then

Comment

im interested, but i have a few simple questions first cuz im a newb at alignments and forum members may be able to answer better for some of them.

1) how do you make sure the rack is centered?

2) can you do this with the front lifted so that you can adjust the tie rods? (i assume thats what you adjust for toe, nothing else is adjustable on an e30 w/o camber plates right?)

3) I once heard that the car must be weighted so the suspension sets when you are aligning, is that true? If so, then the car would have to be on the ground right?

Thanks.
              sigpic
              1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
              1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
              1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

you can center the rack either by eye balling it or some models have an indicator on the rubber boot on the steering rack. Personally I can adjust the tie rods with the car on the ground. Just reach under the car from the front. If you jack the car up then the alignment will be useless. The car doesnt have to be weighted

Comment

Seems like it'll save money and tires. Im in.

1. Sharky (toe)
                  2. CorvallisBMW (toe)
                  3. YAN-3 (+toe)
                  4. brian52555 (Include toe please)
                  5. kishg
                  6.McGyver (toe please)
                  sigpic
                  1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                  1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]

Comment

Alright sweet man.

Also if everyone else could add whether they will need to use it on convex wheels or not. (if any of your wheel sticks out farther than the rim of the wheel)

Comment

^would it be extra?
                      sigpic

Comment

no, but its a little less convenient to use. Instead of the rubber pads it has flat head bolts.

Comment

I'm in also and I need the ruler.
                          Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by e304me View Post
                            Alright sweet man.

Also if everyone else could add whether they will need to use it on convex wheels or not. (if any of your wheel sticks out farther than the rim of the wheel)
                            Is this set more versatile though? meaning it can be used on both convex and non-convex wheels? Whereas with the 'regular' setup you are limited to non-convex wheels? If that is the case I think I think I would go for the ability to measure both types...

And by convex, you just mean really high offset wheels?

Comment

Originally posted by brian52555 View Post
                              Is this set more versatile though? meaning it can be used on both convex and non-convex wheels? Whereas with the 'regular' setup you are limited to non-convex wheels? If that is the case I think I think I would go for the ability to measure both types...

And by convex, you just mean really high offset wheels?
                              yeah pretty much. default length is about 2 inches

Comment

1. Sharky (toe)
                                2. CorvallisBMW (toe)
                                3. YAN-3 (+toe)
                                4. brian52555 (Include toe please)
                                5. kishg
                                6.McGyver (toe please)
                                7. Bearmw (toe)

Comment

Working...
                                X