325e fuel issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325e fuel issue

Hey all, just bought a 87 325e that has been sitting for a while. Previous owner said it died one day and he parked it. I can get the car to run but barely. When I pulled the fuel line to the pressure regulator and turned it over I got gas shooting from the regulator, not the fuel line. Is that correct? Also the fuel line going to the cold start valve has pressure behind it. In tank pump is good, fuel flows through the filter. The line that does have fuel pressure comes from underneath the car and t's in to the fuel rail and the cold start valve.

You pulled off the fuel return hose. That fuel had already been through the rail and was on its way back to the tank. The supply line (from the tank) plugs into the rail directly. You should have pressure behind the cold start valve. It's a ghetto 7th injector that BMW added to improve cold starts instead of compensating with the DME.
    1989 325i Lachssilber Sedan
    5-Speed Swapped
    M30B35 Swapped
    MegaSquirt MS3X

1987 325i Lachssilber Sedan
    260k OEM Automatic Daily Baby

Comment

Crazy question but what makes you think it is fuel related? Could it not be something tune up, air, or electrical?

I would probably do a baseline tune up on the car and proceed from there.
      Matt in VA- CCA 418835
      1987 5/87 325 5 speed (mine)
      2005 325Ci vert 5 speed (hers)
      "Seek the approval of no one."
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X