Prop 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BraveUlysses View Post
    Not falling for your shitty fallacious arguments. So sorry.

I'd give your trolling a 3/10. Too obvious.
    Actually his arguments aren't even that good, haha. Misleading vividness would imply that one judge somewhere actually did approve the marriage between a son and father, etc., based on the same interpretation (and a damn good and obvious one) of the 14th amendment that ultimately decided prop 8's fate.

Joshh's trolling falls more into the category of "using absolutely insane and impossible hypothetic scenarios to stir shit." Nazis riding dinosaurs, that sorta thing.
    Last edited by Lunner; 08-05-2010, 10:20 AM.
    87 325iC 90 325iC 88 325iC 87 325i 87 325iS 87 325eS

Comment

Yeah, good for them. It was a pretty big deal in the bay area, now they're happy I guess.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
      1983 Peugeot 505 STI
      1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
      2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Not falling for your shitty fallacious arguments. So sorry.

I'd give your trolling a 3/10. Too obvious.

That still didn't answer the question. As expected.
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

Joshh is just like AIDS,
          1.ignore him and he will go away.
          2.are real pain in the ass
          3. fill in the blank, how far will this go?
          Brian Jacobs

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
            Anybody read the judge's ruling?

It's not a state vs fed issue. State laws can't violate the Constitution... even if they're approved by popular vote.

Marriage is a civil issue, at least as far as the legality of the union is concerned. The legalization of same-sex marriage doesn't force any religious group to accept it.

Anybody else think that it's ridiculous that we're even voting on these propositions in 2010?

I did not read the judge's ruling, but we are in agreement quite a bit lately.

It's completely ridiculous this is still even an issue.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
              That still didn't answer the question. As expected.
              What would Xenu say?

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                Joshh is just like AIDS,
                1.ignore him and he will go away.
                2.are real pain in the ass
                3. fill in the blank, how far will this go?

Funny you bring up AIDS.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents. Charity is no part of the legislative duty of the [federal] government." ~ James Madison

‎"If you've got a business, you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen" Barack Obama

Comment

What would Xenu say?

You'd have to ask a Scientologist....still no answer.

Comment

Originally posted by KenC View Post
                    Anybody read the judge's ruling?

It's not a state vs fed issue. State laws can't violate the Constitution... even if they're approved by popular vote.

Marriage is a civil issue, at least as far as the legality of the union is concerned. The legalization of same-sex marriage doesn't force any religious group to accept it.

Anybody else think that it's ridiculous that we're even voting on these propositions in 2010?
                    yes, and being a civil issue means its subject of the law of the various states
                    this ruling by a gay judge will be overturned
                    “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                    Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post
                      The defendants in the case had the chance to ask the judge to abstain and to get a new one before the trial even began, but they decided not to. I think that says a lot about the quality of this judge and the faith people have in him if even the Prop8 supporters were OK with him hearing the case. Not that him being gay has anything to do with it. The ruling will stand because the furthest it will go is the 9th circuit court, and judging by their history on these kinds of issues they will side with the previous ruling. The Supreme Court has already indicated that they won't take up this issue b/c they see it as a matter for the states to decide on their own, not the feds.

Comment

Originally posted by gwb72tii View Post

14th Amendment.
                        Originally posted by Gruelius
                        and i do not know what bugg brakes are.

Comment

Originally posted by briansjacobs View Post
                          kind of funny choice of words, considering "god" is the reason for prop 8 in the first place

Yea that was the point...just stirring up shit, seeing who floats to the top

josh and the other usual suspects are here
                          88 325ic ~~~> Rusty and ugly
                          85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by joshh View Post
                            You can take what the judge said and apply it to a father and son being married as well. Or mother and daughter.

No wonder this country is heading for the shit hole.

Josh dont blame the Gays for wanting gay marrige or equal rights, blame the straight couples for having gay babies. lol
                            85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Naplm00 View Post
                              Josh dont blame the Gays for wanting gay marrige or equal rights, blame the straight couples for having gay babies. lol
                              P&R quote of the year, ladies and gentlemen.
                              Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
                              Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
                              One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Troll like a pro

85 E ~~~> RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X