Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FS: 87 325is FL

FS: 87 325is FL

For sale is my 87 325is 5 speed which has been kept all OEM except for the audio. Actual mileage is around 118k - the odometer shows 113k with a few thousand before I replaced the gears. The history of this car is my father purchased new, drove for a few years and then this car sat for about 12 years. Snow/leaves collected in the roof wind deflector which led to the rust on the / in the roof. Bad taillight gaskets / rust in the trunk.

Recently done in the past 2 years/5,000 miles (all OEM parts): timing belt, water pump, dist cap, wires, cleaned throttle body, injectors, new rotors and pads. I media blasted the orig basketweaves a while ago with intentions of refinishing - ready for you to paint the color of your liking. The drivetrain still pulls hard and is very dependable - has always started and I would drive it anywhere. The a/c quit a while ago and will need servicing.

The bad: bad rust hole on roof near sunroof (duct-taped to keep water out), rusted sunroof. Rust spot near tailight, rust on lower pass fender. Sport interior drivers seat and back seat, dashboard is pretty far gone and glovebox lid is broken. Rear bumper cracked. Suspension has not been touched and is pretty far gone and very sloppy. Steering rack is also very sloppy and has a slow/drip leak. Any/all parts shown will go with including the audio system in the car (MB quart/alpine/kicker).

List Date: 8/15/2016

For more info, click here to view the original listing: FS: 87 325is FL
    --------------------------------------
    On Sale For: $950.00

--------------------------------------

Last edited by glenninfla; 08-26-2016, 06:29 AM.

Lowered price $1,800.

Comment

Wow, it's seen a hard life for 113k..
      Build Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=419655
      Parts Thread
      https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=408302

Comment

"...ready for you to paint the color of your liking."

Based on the visible rust issues, I think this statement is a bit of a stretch. Imagine all the rust you can't see (under carpet).

Sounds like a mechanically solid car - but I still think $1800 is a bit steep.

GLWS from a former '87 IS owner. Great cars.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
        Sounds like you need a massage.
        Originally posted by kpeng
        Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Sweet Jeebus. Did this sell?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe G View Post
            "...ready for you to paint the color of your liking."

Based on the visible rust issues, I think this statement is a bit of a stretch. Imagine all the rust you can't see (under carpet).

Sounds like a mechanically solid car - but I still think $1800 is a bit steep.

GLWS from a former '87 IS owner. Great cars.
            In all fairness you took the quote out of context as it looks like he was referring to the wheels.

Comment

I hate to say it, but seems like a parts car with hardly any marketable parts beyond the engine and 5spd if they check out

Sad.
              Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
              Alice the Time Capsule
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
              87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I am over in Tampa - would be interested in the 5 speed parts if you decide to part the car out. GLWS!

Comment

$1800 must be a typo. How about $180? It's a little late for April fools jokes.
                  Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Originally posted by MIKe30 View Post
                    In all fairness you took the quote out of context as it looks like he was referring to the wheels.
                    You are correct - my apologies, OP.

With that said, I still believe $1,800 is about $800 north of a fair value for a running/driving e30.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Based on the feedback (not the sarcasm), I've lowered the price accordingly...

Comment

Working...
                      X