Ever Leave a Note on a Windshield ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ever Leave a Note on a Windshield ?

My phone rang Sunday night and since I take both personal and business calls on it I never know who it could be. This time it's an elderly lady with that sweet North Carolina drawl..."is this Jaayyyff". It still is so I confessed and she told me how glad she was that I hadn't changed my number.

Seems her dear friend has this car and I left a note on her windshield. Since I have done that only once in my life it took me all of 3 seconds to remember the car and in those moments the exact pic of it sitting there returned. It was grey...at costco...and it had been 2 if not 3 years ago.

Her friend is now 87 and can't drive any more and am I still interested :woowoo:

She gave me a brief run down, not that the details mattered since I know I would never have left a note if there wasnt something very special about it...but I indulged her since she was so excited to have "the guy who left the note" on the phone.

I asked a few questions but mostly she just talked...and she was Jane. Alice was the owner. I'm dreaming this right ?

I heard her talking to Alice in the background so I asked if it was Delphin Grey. Alice...87 mind you and the original owner said no....its salmon silver. Who neven knows what Salmon Silver is ? Did it have red seats I asked...no it's blue. How many miles...126k. Does she have receipts...a stack as well as books, original title, bill of sale, window sticker, radio code cards yada yada

Would I like to come look at it ?

Now I know I'm dreaming...but I'm not so I said sure and she gave me her address and cell number to call back and confirm when I could make it.
    Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
    Alice the Time Capsule
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
    87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

sounds awesome. i leave notes on cars all the time. hope this works out well. you may get a pretty good deal on this one.
    Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Pics of Alice and Jane or GTFO
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
        Pics of Alice and Jane or GTFO
        (. Y .)

except wrinkly and full of milk dust
        -Brad, AlphaTeam Motorwerks, LLC
        91' 318iS - S54/6MT Swapped
        08' E90 M3 6MT - Daily
        04' Chevy Duramax CCLB - Work Truck/Hauler

Originally posted by IronJoe
        Alpha Team: running through e30s, gringo icebergs, and 19 yr olds.

Originally posted by 2mAn
        Brads a standup guy even though he likes buttsex

Comment

Originally posted by spiDmang View Post
          (. Y .)

except wrinkly and full of milk dust

powdered milk doesnt expire
          Looking for late model fogs, E39 Fog lights, cool cheap 17 5x120 wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by meanEG View Post
            I lol'd.
            Originally posted by kronus
            would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

All the time...

"I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
              88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
              89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
              91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                Alice...87 mind you and the original owner said no....its salmon silver. Who neven knows what Salmon Silver is?
                Barry isnt your m3 Salmon Silver? I think remember reading it from your mag feature way back. So technically lachssilber

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Yes. Salmon Silver / Lachssilber.
                  "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                  88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                  89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                  91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

I'd love to see how a lachssilber/indigo blue combo looks, please post some pics when you've seen it
                    aka denyo77

Originally posted by Andy.B
                    Give it five years, and kids might be covering their cars with Astroturf. Style is relative.

Comment

^Lachs and blue interior works. Im lachs with blue houndstooth and I think it goes well.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by meanEG View Post

Thank you for this. I can now get through another day.

Comment

I did call..yesterday..and arranged to go see it after Jane got home. It was actually a very nice neighborhood and we were looking for the car since all the driveways were in front of the houses...except one. The welcome mat even said Alice, Jane and I assume the cat. They were as friendly as can be and after a few minutes of pleasantries she gave me the keys, pointed to the car out back and said we should take it for a ride if we wanted.

The front end felt very tight, it sounded great although I think I felt a rear wheel bearing. Otherwise very sweet ride. The glove box was full of receipts which were organized in packs by year and I could see the books with the original salesmans business cared in the pocket. The keys even had the original inventory tag on them.

I crawled around and under the car and really didnt see anything to be concerned about. She had told me the dash was cracked, the odo didnt work and neither did the original radio. No surprises.

They had the original title issued in 1987 in the original envelope posted from Raleigh with $.18 of postage. I sent a pic of the title to me son runs a power sports store and he said he had never seen one that old. I said we'd like to buy it...she braced for an offer..and I said her price was fair and I was happy to pay it..and we drove it home after a bit of paperwork.
                          Last edited by jeffnhiscars; 06-30-2015, 02:28 PM.
                          Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

Alice the Time Capsule
                          87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

I have left notes. Usually they are along the lines of, "Sum ting wong with your parking job!" Because champagne colored luxury SUV.

Transaction Feedback: LINK

Comment

May I present...Alice

Alice the Time Capsule

Comment

Working...
                              X