Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So let get this straight, something that began 192 years before Columbus sailed the ocean blue, Was caused by something that happened in general 200-250ish years after Columbus sailed the ocean blue. (edit) I assume the article blames the euro/Anglo migration to the new world for the destruction of the N/A indigenous populations.

I am no mathematician, but something about them figures does not seem to add up... Is this the climate change version of the Orwellian 2+2=5 ....

You really do believe anything you read from someone with more certs or letters behind their name so long as is falls into your confirmation bias don't you....

Yes the greeks knew he world was round, then religion took hold of the world and morphed the beliefs of the peasants for power and and control over them. By giving them answers to the questions they had, and no one was allowed to question it, for fear of what would come to them. See any parallels between 15th century religious rule to the current workings of the Climate change settled science types......
    Last edited by mrsleeve; 11-24-2016, 11:59 AM.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

How anyone can argue against actual physical measurements of atmospheric temperature is pretty amazing.
      I can hear Gavin Schmidt at NASA talking with Michael Mann about adjusting the temp records downwards eliminating to 20yr pause in warming. "Hey Mikie, look, if I push this button the pause goes away and Obama will send us more money"
      “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
      Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

ah, i knew that was gonna get a good stream of wharrgarrbl out of you. i almost feel bad for doing this on thanksgiving. but let's address some points.

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        Not a bad list, I was thinking there was hope for you yet, but that was dashed quickly ;) That said I thought Body armor was considered contraband in CA after the N Hollywood shootout in 97???
        news to me. i was able to source a carrier with ceramic plates in a few hours last night. but i have an "interesting" network of friends.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like MethodsUnsound.

went on a 7km urban hike in the oakland hills wearing it this morning. nobody said shit.

Nahh you wont see me up there, I am stuck on a Job in Central FL for the winter, we have protesters here too but they meet up at starbucks 1st. Thou I might suggest some water tight underwear (they have taken to using water canons to disperse the idiots as of late), cold weather gear and some Mickey mouse boots, as it gets cold up there this time of year and is going to just get worse. As a north land guy, that spend a lot time outside in the winter months, I sugesst you dress in many layers, and not rely on 1 big puffy jacket to keep you warm. December can be a fickle bitch in ND when it comes the weather.
        ok, first thing i'd like to share with you is the squad-level action plan i wrote last night.

i am aware not every protester shows up properly prepared... but we will.

You do know that the DAPL dose not even cross the Standing Rock Reservation right??
        the concern here is not whose land it is- it is the natural resources threatened by the routing. i don't have to tell YOU that pipeline leaks happen. that is simply reality. the best-laid plans and execution cannot prevent this. it will still happen, and does happen, every time we build a new one.

as an operations engineer for a large finance company, i am not inclined to be sympathetic when other engineers say "but that's hard!" fuck you. figure out the right way to do it. sometimes that's hard.

You do know many of those residents want all you outta stateres to go the fuck away right?? Bunch of CA idiots come in trying to show everyone how they are smarter an more important than us fly over state people irregardless of what the people who actually live there want.
        *you* know that as a CA native, and a veteran, i'm kind of an outlier here, right? most people from this state don't join up in the first place, and service members who finish their TIS don't come here if they're not from here.

when most vets finish, they go back to whatever flyover state they're from. i didn't meet too many other people from CA in the army.

that said, the argument that "you're not from here, you don't get to say what happens here" is stupid, when the scope of this project is at the national level.

there is also the part where you are not a member of the indigenous tribe in question, so *you* really shouldn't speak on their behalf either.

You are aware that the protesters are breaking laws, trespassing, destroying millions of dollars of private property, shooting at cops, and just in general fucking shit up making a huge mess. Really how good is it for the enviroment/water supply, to burn down a heavy equipment full of Diesel, hydro/engine oil grease, plastic, rubber and what not and leave the carcas there to rot and the rains to wash all that shit into the ground....

You want to go not just support but "defend" these people??? So to sum things up you support, Trespass, felony destruction of property (maybe Arson charges), Blocking traffic, shutting down bridges, and so on and so forth. Good for you, I am glad you have your laruls (sp) and are willing to put your money where your mouth is, (something I do respect right or wrong, agree or disagree) I just wish you were not so misguided to base them on the media reports, you are far smarter than this, I hope you see it for what it really is soon enough.

Do you even know anyone thats been there or is there now you can talk to to get the actual story. I DO, guy sitting in the truck next to me everyday just got done up there on that SPREAD, My old boss is running QC for the construction contractor on that spread, half the trades hands on the job I am on were somewhere on the DAPL anywhere from 2 months to 2 weeks ago. There is plenty of 1st hand knowledge in my position on this.

Anyway happy indigenous peoples oppression day (that is what you PC, CA types call it now right?) with your loved ones, now back to our regularly scheduled bickering....
        i'm going there in order to see what's going on for myself. just like i did with iraq. money-where-mouth-is kinda thing.

next, i would like you to review the global mission statement of this veteran's movement.

Veterans for Standing Rock. 18,266 likes · 2 talking about this. This page is for all who support our veterans who wish to stand with our indigenous brothers and sisters who are protesting against...

On the event's Facebook page, organizers told attendees: "Bring Body armor, gas masks, earplugs AND shooting mufflers (we may be facing a sound cannon) but no drugs, alcohol or weapons." The page also emphasizes the importance of working together, and says the event will not tolerate hate, violence or divisive behavior.

"In the ultimate expression of alliance, we are there to put our bodies on the line, no matter the physical cost, in complete nonviolence to provide a clear representation to all Americans of where evil resides," reads the Operation Order for the event. "The water protectors are leading the way against this same evil which we must all face globally, saving ourselves and our children from the apocalyptic outcome of climate change."

"No group in the country has served a greater percentage in US military than Native Americans," said Wood. "We need to support them."
        the group rallying veterans for this effort is strongly emphasizing non-violent action, and veterans, as a group, are generally good at keeping each other in line- it's part of the job. you'll note from my load-out list above that *everything* is a defensive measure.

i have a (really fucking good) job to come back to. i can't get arrested. so i will not be engaging in any violent action. but i will keep my enlistment oath and defend the constitutional rights of american citizens to PEACEABLY protest.
        past:
        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
        1985 323i baur
        current:
        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
          Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the world 2200 years ago. I think before that point it wasn't really thought about. So really, if you are taking that route, you're like the peasants in the middle ages that claimed the earth was flat. Columbus wouldn't have sailed west trying to find a new route to India if he didn't know the earth was round. The educated have known the answer for a really really really long time.

Speaking of Columbus and anthropogenic climate change. Have you read the studies that heavily suggest that the Little Ice Age came about due to the decimation of the Native Americans? It's pretty interesting.

(PhysOrg.com) -- A team comprised of geological and environmental science researchers from Stanford University has been studying the impact that early European exploration had on the New World and have found evidence that they say suggests the European cold period from 1500 to 1750, commonly known as the Little Ice Age, was due to the rapid decline in native human populations shortly after early explorers arrived.

Now you have to think, we've destroyed those eastern American forests, we've destroyed the Amazonian rain forests, the Indian forests, Chinese forests.. but it has no impact on the world?
          that's an interesting parallel you draw.

you do realize Columbus had trouble financing his expedition, right? that for years the circumference of the world was accepted to be close to what it actually is?

that's why nobody would contribute to his cause. the world is too big for 15th century shipping to circumnavigate.

so Columbus developed a scientific model that reduced the distance so that an expedition would have a chance to succeed. and still, they almost ran out of food. but Isabella bought it, for a multitude of domestic political reasons.

the bottom line- the discovery of the New World was accomplished by politics and bad science.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
            the bottom line- the discovery of the New World was accomplished by politics and bad science.
            God bless Spain - unless you're an Indian / Native American / Indigenous Person / Rdsnfkernoanfl...

I don't know why anyone would mind being called an Indian when it's just a reminder that the evil white man screwed up and got lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post
              God bless Spain - unless you're an Indian / Native American / Indigenous Person / Rdsnfkernoanfl...
              And they weren't native either. Just the first ones to to walk across the ice bridge. Who gives a shit anyway.
              Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
              Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
              Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                Hmm, still waiting for actual criminal charges to be filed.

Nope, never going to happen.
                don't be so sure. Trump's most pressing priority right now is to end divisiveness and acrimony. so many demonrats hate him he is willing to alienate his base to take the moral high ground.

what his recent comments come to is that he won't appoint a special prosecutor. not that he will interfere with the ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation.

stay tuned.

Comment

Originally posted by 2761377 View Post
                  don't be so sure. Trump's most pressing priority right now is to end divisiveness and acrimony. so many demonrats hate him he is willing to alienate his base to take the moral high ground.

what his recent comments come to is that he won't appoint a special prosecutor. not that he will interfere with the ongoing Clinton Foundation investigation.

stay tuned.
                  I think the AG will do it on his own without Trump forcing it.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by Shock(/\)ave View Post

I don't know why anyone would mind being called an Indian when it's just a reminder that the evil white man screwed up and got lost.
                    the people of Tlaxcala supported the Spaniards. they were early converts to Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                      And they weren't native either. Just the first ones to to walk across the ice bridge. Who gives a shit anyway.
                      so i could say your all Africans as well right?

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                        so i could say your all Africans as well right?
                        Absolutely.

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                          Absolutely.
                          cool just making sure the logic of that works.

decay, like i said before Sleeve is too monetarily involved in the oil/gas industry to be able to have a neutral opinion on the matter.

good luck to you all out there and i hope you can bring some change to the fight for the better.

Comment

Pizzagate.
                            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
                              Pizzagate.
                              lulz

Comment

Originally posted by kickinindian View Post
                                lulz
                                You a pedo, bro?
                                ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34